Join the Official Discord Server for the opportunity to parttake in events, giveaways and more!

Prison Ad bal for prestige buff/fix

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reactions
Thread starter #1
I think the reward for 1 prestige should stay $1 ad balance, but maybe just make rules and make it bannable or something?
Because 1 or 2 people that are doing something stupid, and ruin it for every one that actually prestiges legit.

stuktv

Formerly known as gjaltenma
Reactions
i think its good to keep it 1$ for 1 prestige or make every prestige getting more ad balance.
because prestiging is difficult to do.

Reactions
Thread starter #3
That's basically what I said, yes.

Reactions
What about... +.10 ad bal per prestige
P1 = +0.10
P2 = +0.20
P3 = +0.30
(etc)
Since each gets so much harder it rewards more

Reactions
Thread starter #5
Oooh! Yeah I really like that idea... But also not really, because P50 would be like 5$, P49 4,90, P48 4,80, P47 4,70 Etc.. Add that all up (And all prestiges before) And you'd get 127,50$ ad balance if you reach P-God, I know you should be rewarded but that's a bit much isn't it?

Reactions
Oooh! Yeah I really like that idea... But also not really, because P50 would be like 5$, P49 4,90, P48 4,80, P47 4,70 Etc.. Add that all up (And all prestiges before) And you'd get 127,50$ ad balance if you reach P-God, I know you should be rewarded but that's a bit much isn't it?
Maybe they could cap it at like 2$? or maybe 2.50$ so thats the highest amount you will get.

Reactions
Yes that is true, but P50 would cost at least 10Q by calculations, and that will take literally months to get. You should be rewarded for that.

Maybe they could cap it at like 2$? or maybe 2.50$ so thats the highest amount you will get.
The cap idea i nice, probably 2.50 as a cap, since that's the current reward.

But what about just taking the log of each prestige? Have that as the reward (rounded up to the nearest 1/100th of course though). Log 1 = 0 so people can't abuse alts, and Log 50 = ~1.70. So the limit would be 1.70, but also the rewards slowly decrease in it's increase. P10 would be $10 but P50 is not that much more. The rewards at P1-P10 are decent, close to what we currently have. P1-P5 = ~2.08 total, while P1-P10 = ~6.56

In summary, I think we should just take the log of the prestige, or increase by .10 each prestige. With the log idea, it should be pretty balanced.

Reactions
Thread starter #8
But what about just taking the log of each prestige? Have that as the reward (rounded up to the nearest 1/100th of course though). Log 1 = 0 so people can't abuse alts, and Log 50 = ~1.70. So the limit would be 1.70, but also the rewards slowly decrease in it's increase. P10 would be $10 but P50 is not that much more. The rewards at P1-P10 are decent, close to what we currently have. P1-P5 = ~2.08 total.

In summary, I think we should just take the log of the prestige, or increase by .10 each prestige. With the log idea, it should be pretty balanced.
That seems like a good way to balance it, but they removed the ranks after free for less confusion for newer players, and this is 50x more confusing.

Reactions
That seems like a good way to balance it, but they removed the ranks after free for less confusion for newer players, and this is 50x more confusing.
Then just the cap idea maybe. Maxed at 2.50

Reactions
Thread starter #10
Then just the cap idea maybe. Maxed at 2.50
Seems ok yeah, so at P25 it will be 2.50 from there on? Because that would still be 92,5 (If I did my math correct, which I probably didn't, I was in a rush) If this would be a thing, the cap should definitely be lowered.

_Sprout

Mod
Staff member
Mod
Reactions
I'm sorry but I cannot agree with this. It was changed for a reason. I know it seems unfair but you can thank the rude players who abused the ad bal in the first place. I quite like the buff and don't think it makes too much of a difference. Just a new challenge to face, dears.

Please stay motivated!

Reactions
I liked the Idea of $1 per prestige, and I also like the $2.50 per prestige, and I think everyone else liked the $1 per 1, so I think it should be every 5 pretiges you get $5. It is the same as it was originally, but a lot harder because in order to get a reward you need to prestige 5 times before you get your first one, and it would make it a lot harder for people to get alts or whatever to prestige for the money.

_Sprout

Mod
Staff member
Mod
Reactions
But it's already every 5 prestige... It just sounds like you're asking for more money...

Shopz

Helper
Staff member
Helper
Reactions
The whole ad bal prestige feature was supposed to be an extra incentive to prestige. People immediately abused it and it had to be nerfed. I realize it was $1 per prestige before but that was experimental. Danny mentioned that it was subject to change in the announcement thread.

Reactions
Thread starter #15
The whole ad bal prestige feature was supposed to be an extra incentive to prestige. People immediately abused it and it had to be nerfed. I realize it was $1 per prestige before but that was experimental. Danny mentioned that it was subject to change in the announcement thread.
Yes, I've read that. But the reason I still made this thread is not because it was just changed, but because it was changed and made worse because of alt-abusing players, ruining it for all the players that didn't, but my suggestion was to keep the 1$ per prestige, but make a rule to not abuse it and make it bannable so almost no one will actually do it. And if they do, they get banned.

_Sprout

Mod
Staff member
Mod
Reactions
Yes, I've read that. But the reason I still made this thread is not because it was just changed, but because it was changed and made worse because of alt-abusing players, ruining it for all the players that didn't, but my suggestion was to keep the 1$ per prestige, but make a rule to not abuse it and make it bannable so almost no one will actually do it. And if they do, they get banned.
Abusing bugs, duping, and exploits are already bannable. They still did it despite this.

KariKittyx

Admin
Staff member
Admin
Reactions
I'm going to be closing this because this will just continue to be argued about. I completely understand the questions and suggestions, but as has been stated things will continue to be worked on and edited. Abusing and exploiting game mechanics is bannable, and the people involved did get banned but this still doesn't stop people from trying.
You're all thinking about this early game. People where abusing ad balance per prestige within 24 hours of it being introduced, imagine end game when people have the money available to prestige alts over and over to get this "increased" ad balance you speak of? People are already getting rewarded in keys and tags, as well as just bragging rights honestly. The ad balance was to reward people more, and I don't understand how people can continue to ask for more. In the past you got literally nothing for prestiging, it could have stayed like that. I think people should just be grateful for what is available, although I am sorry someone else had to ruin it all for you. People pay good money or legitimately grind for their ad balance to spend in the store. With those people in the community, it makes it unfair for you all.

We're going to continue to work on this but I doubt it will be upgraded any time soon.

Closed.

Status
Not open for further replies.