• IP Copied!
    Click to Copy IP
  • Join our Discord
  • Skyblock Alt/ Spawner limits

Skip the text to skip my bad messed up explaination. Like I'll say, I suck at explaining myself
    ------------------------------------------------
    I don't know for you but I personally think this will look like a complaint more than a suggestion but lately the gamemode became more of a "who has the most alt in the server?" Than an actual farming competition ( Talking about money ) and it made buying stuff for people without like 5 alts so much harder. I'll take for example the mm bal ( Which I consider it not a necessary thing but it is a good example) which was selling for 35K-50K$ per cent last week which was buyable pretty well for anyone and today the price it about 500K$/c. All of this because some people with multiple alts made the price rocket. I think this is one of the many things that requires to deal with ppl and not /shop that a lot of players won't be able to touch because the price was set so high by some 10 alts players. Honestly, the people who has multiple alt, I understand they use them because it's allowed and it makes like half the competition go down and if I could do it I would but when you take a step away and think about it, you realize that it's just a way to bypass the spawner limits which is there for a reason and it just breaks the economy to bypass it especially a way that more than half the server can't.
    ------------------------------------------------------------
    So anyway sorry I know I suck at explaining myself but I mean, the server becomes all about how many alts you have and it sucks to break the competition.
    So my request is : Could it be possible to take off the spawner limit or put an alt limit since people end up bypassing it with ways that not everyone can do it.
    ----------------------------------------------
    Edit 1: Talking about number of Alt per player ( IP address) and not per island

Last edited:
    If you were to however take off the spawner limit, alts would still be used as frequent as they are now. Players on skyblock use alts for an afk farm. One person could be afking an iron golem grinder one side of their island while not earning as much money from a different set of spawners the other side of the island. This means that people with alts will still use their alts as an afk machine. Having no spawner limit doesn't take the fact away that high-tier skyblock players will still be afking the farms.

Putting an afk limit on an island is extremely hard because then fergy would have to work out a plugin where only, lets say 3, people on the same ip address would be able to join the island. It's not as simple as "put an alt limit on a island"

I also think that it wouldn't work because if people are at your island shop or something, the spawner mobs would still be spawning in, as if they counted as an afk alt. I don't see the point in putting a spawner limit per play in.

AJPita

there kinda is an alt limit already, you can have 4 accounts *online* at once other than your main, so 5 total.

ItzMilano

Could it be possible to take off the spawner limit or put an alt limit since people end up bypassing it with ways that not everyone can do it.
    In my opinion is this a bad idea, If there wasn't a limit in this V we (Island is top 1) would have make like 10B/dag (minimum) in my opinion isn't that fair thats why you have to use alt island for. Just upgrade the limit to a higher amout thats enough to me.

If you were to however take off the spawner limit, alts would still be used as frequent as they are now. Players on skyblock use alts for an afk farm. One person could be afking an iron golem grinder one side of their island while not earning as much money from a different set of spawners the other side of the island. This means that people with alts will still use their alts as an afk machine. Having no spawner limit doesn't take the fact away that high-tier skyblock players will still be afking the farms.

Putting an afk limit on an island is extremely hard because then fergy would have to work out a plugin where only, lets say 3, people on the same ip address would be able to join the island. It's not as simple as "put an alt limit on a island"

I also think that it wouldn't work because if people are at your island shop or something, the spawner mobs would still be spawning in, as if they counted as an afk alt. I don't see the point in putting a spawner limit per play in.
    -------------------------------------------------------------
    The issue I am more trying to point out is not about using alt for afk farm, it's using them by creating island on these account to bypass the maximum of mob spawner per island. Limiting the afk isn't either the problem it's just it take it as an example. The current spawner limit is 3.5K per island. If anyone has 9 alt ( 10 accounts total) They can get 35K spawner. This means that averag players, let's go with them having 1 alt so 2 accounts can only get 7k spawner total. I think this is quite already bad because it is bypassing a limit set for a reason but it means that the one with 9 alts get 5x more money, so he could eventually buy 5x more stuff, but instead and totally the smartest thing to do is to buy less but for more. Here what happens is either the smallest average player is blocked and can't do anything or he works big for nothing, which result to player giving up on. PS : I don't talk about a number of alt per island but a number of alt per IP address for example so no one has more than 1-2 alts making it more playable for average player who doesn't own 9 alts. Again, sorry I suck at explaining should have mention alt per IP and not per island I'll edit it
    ----------------------
    Edit: Forgot to answer your first arguement, yes people use them as afk, but like I said they afk on other island they created with their alts and injected loads of money with their main and link the money income on their main just to create another set of 3.5K spawners to their income, it becomes abusive when people do it multiple time to get the income that would normally be from 4-5 players in only 1 person. Also having no spawner limit would allowed average players with 1 alt or none to simply never gets a income maxed out, I don't say that someone earning 10x more than another player is wrong, I say it is wrong when the smaller player can't do anything to try to win more. For a player with no alt, he'll never win more than 3.5K spawner income but an alt player could win what maybe 14K spawners income ? and the one with 3.5K income could do nothing about it, because he is maxed out.

Last edited:
    In my opinion is this a bad idea, If there wasn't a limit in this V we (Island is top 1) would have make like 10B/dag (minimum) in my opinion isn't that fair thats why you have to use alt island for. Just upgrade the limit to a higher amout thats enough to me.
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    The thing is yes is top wouldn't do 10G/day, but thats the thing, is top as how many alts, upgrading amount of spawner per island isn't a good idea, because indeed like you said people would just get more on their alts and what you say about is top 1 doing 10G/day is one of the reason I did this post. I personally calculated it using Mr_Kingz's Spreadsheet, with 1 island, the maximum out of 3.5K spawner you can do is 1.05B + Sell bonus because we know the current spawners used to make money are the best one in term of investment but in fact, villys are the best in term of money production per spawner (About 300K/day). which would mean that is top as at least 9 alts which with what I heard, isn't at all full of villys but I won't assume it. To spcify it, is top makes way more than 10G/day just do /baltop you see half the people in there are in the same island and it means they all got at least a 6-7 alt production using the best investment spawners each makes like 30-35 alts with 5 players. How do you want an average player with 1 alt to be able to have competition with people bypassing the maximum spawner limit in a kind of abusive way.
    PS: Again sorry I suck at explaining my self I hope you'll understand my point and I dont mean you all are baddies for bypassing the spawner limit, I personally do it with 1 alt no more because like I said, it just becomes abuse at my opinion.
    Edit : Also keep in mind that winning 10G/day in an economy that the most expensive /shop item cost 4mils is just called breaking the economy and how, by bypassing a system that was set to limit the economy. I heard that the economy lasted longer than the previous season( Which I wasn't there) which I think it is really nice and I personally think that limiting the spawners is an excellent idea to help an economy to last except the way the community dealed with it just broke it up harder in my opinion since it requieres something that not everyone can access making litterally a rich and limitless side of the server and a poor and limited side

Last edited:

ItzMilano

Mike, please. You're trying to explain this whole thing but for what? Removing the spawner limit? Of just trying to disallow alts? I don't get it lmao.

PS.
    The alt limit is 4 alts per IP + your main account, almost no one has this amount of alts so you don't have to worry in my opinion.

DaddyBean

Admin
    Staff member
    Admin
    This is all so silly. You're trying to get a global rule removed from a specific game-mode. There is always going to be a competitive advantage one way or the other. As of now, the higher rank you are, the higher your items sell to the shop for. By your logic in this post, we should remove that donor perk also? This particular server you're talking about is Skyblock, and almost every seasoned Skyblock player will most definitely have and use alts to their advantage (myself included). As a staff member we are not allowed to afk on our staff accounts, if alts were to be taken away, all staff members would be put at a huge disadvantage. I think the way things are right now are balanced and should not be changed because a player does not have access to an alt account.