• IP Copied!
    Click to Copy IP
  • Join our Discord
  • Consolidated Update

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Vile_Moon

Retired
    Over the past week and a half or so I have made several changes to the forums. There shouldn't be many more microbursts of changes, so I am posting them all in one thread for easier notification.

-Added application forms for the following areas:
    +Helper Applications
    +Ban Appeals
    +Report a Player
    +Report a Bug
    +Report a Staff member

-Updated the Helper application requirements

In our attempt to try and improve the quality of Helper applicants and standardize the application process, several changes have been made on the 'back end' of the process. To even be able to view the Helper application you must:
    -Have a forum account at least 10 days old
    -Have at least 10 posts.

In addition to the above, we are also limiting the number of times any given person can apply for Helper. This choice was made to prevent people from submitting applications that are lacking in effort as well as to apply a fair standard to everyone applying. As of this posting, you only have three(3) attempts at applying for Helper before you are no longer able to access the application form. Please take this into consideration.

Edit:
    Planned/Anticipated changes, in the near future, from my end:
    -Add form for name change requests

xConway_

Formerly known as dadway
    Honestly I feel like the max of 3 applications is a bit rough on some players who gradually improve over time. If some player was like spamming one time and they come back another and they are really good staff material, they couldn't apply. I would think maybe 1 application per month would be better. But overall, great job on the forums, Moon.

ItsMattyy

Honestly I feel like the max of 3 applications is a bit rough on some players who gradually improve over time. If some player was like spamming one time and they come back another and they are really good staff material, they couldn't apply. I would think maybe 1 application per month would be better. But overall, great job on the forums, Moon.
    Preach...

I don't exactly think this is fair because for some people (like me) have been applying every now and then and seeing what I can improve and all of a sudden without warning from the past this comes out, quite scary. I do think this is alright in some ways, but in others are Conway said above ^^^ I think his idea of 1 application per month would be a lot better, than 3 applications max EVER.

Vile_Moon

Retired
    some people (like me) have been applying every now and then and seeing what I can improve
    Half the point is to prevent things exactly like this. You should not be submitting a Helper application just to see what you've improved on, nor should you be posting an application just to see if you've improved enough. By limiting the number of application attempts any applicant must take into account they have a limit and, therefore, not waste them on a half-effort attempt. Realize you have a limited number and make the absolute most out of each and every attempt. The word count requirement is only a minimum; the start. Use that space to your biggest advantage to point out your changes and developments over time and in-between applications.

As with everything else of this nature, that number is not set in stone and we may have special occasions where we open them for additional attempts, or come to a collective agreement to increase the amount of attempts. Either way, you shouldn't be making an application once a month just to see if you've improved enough to get promoted to Helper. You're volunteering to help the community, not entering a popularity contest that changes every week. We, as senior staff, want to see quality applicants, quality applications, and that kind of quality carry over into staff behavior.

Even though the applications from new people always made me laugh, I think the upcoming requirements will make it easier for higher staff get to the people serious about applying. While others may not agree with it, I believe the three attempt rule is a good addition. With a limit on tries, I think it will make people take a more serious approach and put more of an effort compared to the old, "tough luck, let's try again tomorrow" I am looking forward to seeing this change on the forums.

xxxterminated_

Formerly known as JuiceWRLD_
    you must be a really bad person if it takes you three times to get staff. if you're denied for a reason, you should feed off it and prove whoever denied you, wrong. "denied for being toxic" you go and help other people, you communicate with people in a friendly manner etc.

if you're denied without a reason, you should ask why. if they don't give you feedback that's when we know something is wrong(potential hatred. but I doubt that'll happen).

ItsMattyy

Half the point is to prevent things exactly like this. You should not be submitting a Helper application just to see what you've improved on, nor should you be posting an application just to see if you've improved enough. By limiting the number of application attempts any applicant must take into account they have a limit and, therefore, not waste them on a half-effort attempt. Realize you have a limited number and make the absolute most out of each and every attempt. The word count requirement is only a minimum; the start. Use that space to your biggest advantage to point out your changes and developments over time and in-between applications.

As with everything else of this nature, that number is not set in stone and we may have special occasions where we open them for additional attempts, or come to a collective agreement to increase the amount of attempts. Either way, you shouldn't be making an application once a month just to see if you've improved enough to get promoted to Helper. You're volunteering to help the community, not entering a popularity contest that changes every week. We, as senior staff, want to see quality applicants, quality applications, and that kind of quality carry over into staff behavior.
    Ok, this makes it seem better. One question though, If you DO get accepted, will the tries get reset or stay as they are? After seeing you say this it makes it seem a lot better/helpful, I know agree with this, I think it's quite a good idea. Nice one!

Devouching

Formerly known as xDevouch_
    Ok, this makes it seem better. One question though, If you DO get accepted, will the tries get reset or stay as they are? After seeing you say this it makes it seem a lot better/helpful, I know agree with this, I think it's quite a good idea. Nice one!
    I don’t think they would get reset because you used one of your tries and got it. You would hopefully be even more motivated by that to stay as a staff member.

Status
    Not open for further replies.