Factions V4 It's time!

Status
Not open for further replies.

fergydanny

Owner
Staff member
Owner
What

As most of you are aware, factions is resetting. There has been no official word about it until now but we have been spreading the word around for the past few weeks. The time has come to give you guys the factions server you deserve. I'm talking about a much more balanced and higher quality server.

When

Tonight at Midnight EST aka 24:00 (has been closed at 8 PM EST since almost nobody was on), the current factions server will be taken down to leave place to the new one. But it won't be released to the grand public just yet, first, as promised to our omega ranked global donors, they will receive a few hours of early access, should everything go right, the early access will be from noon EST this Friday and the official release will be at 6 PM EST this Friday.

How do I get my rank/faction power back?

You will be able to use the /redeem command upon joining the server to redeem any donor ranks you had on the old factions server along with your donor rank. Faction power boosts will be delivered shortly after through a buycraft re-send. If you have any issues getting your items back, please post in the comment section of this thread or contact me via PM.

Enough talking, whats new?

• No pvp timer, players can use /wild to be teleported to a random spot on the map to start their adventure!
  • /Sell gives all donors the ability to sell anything to the /shop without having to deal with the menu, it is sold straight out of your hand.
  • Small yet appealing spawn with a custom 500x500 warzone
  • Re-styled /language plugin
  • Auction house
  • Daily bonuses!
  • The shop has been balanced and can be accessed using /shop
  • Obsidian can be destroyed by repeated hits of tnt and creeper explosions (but not withers)
  • Obsidian durability regenerates after 3 hours and can be checked with a raw potato
  • Water does not protect obsidian from sand cannons
  • Players are allowed to go and build above the bedrock in the nether
  • Freeworld border : 15k by 15k, Nether border : 7.5k by 7.5k, End border : 3.75k by 3.75k
  • New and redesigned crates
  • Donors can rename items but can't rename important things like tripwire hooks, papers, maps and spawners to prevent any abuse
  • McMMO skills are capped wisely and axes & unarmed are disabled in PvP
  • You may purchase a boss egg either ingame (/boss) for ingame money or on the store (bosses are unique creatures that are quite the challenge to defeat and give amazing rewards) they can be called anywhere but in protected regions such as spawn and pvp warps (if you try to use them there, you may lose the egg)
  • Multiple pvp warps (/warp pvp or /pvp)
  • The server is 1.9 but the pvp is truly 1.8 (no hit delay, 1.8 damage and regen, no use of the second hand and no player collision).
  • Many other things, I just listed what came to mind.

Other

This thread will be updated as we proceed with the reset. After talking with our players, we have decided to just open one factions server instead of 2 to start out as it may be full at first but as it slows down, we would all rather have one fairly popular factions server even with mixed languages than two lesser populated servers but with different languages. That being said, if you don't want to see another language, just place yourself in the appropriate channel using /language.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 198

That 1.9 tho... Don't mess with my pvp Fergy.

Also rip axes and unarmed :(

Rusty29

Yea, that is going to be a bummer with no unarmed. How can you possibly have fun with no unarmed?

Also, will we have to find our own way to glitch through bedrock or will there be a specific way?

Other questions:
Will mob stacking still be around?
Is redstone going to be fixed?
Will /ad remain?
Is there going to be a list of all possible commands?
Why can't the early access be longer or at least not while we are sleeping here on the east coast?

Last edited:

ILuvBallSweat

Formerly known as JuiceWRLD_
Also, will we have to find our own way to glitch through bedrock or will there be a specific way?

You shouldn't be glitching through bedrock in the first place?

fergydanny

Owner
Staff member
Owner
Yea, that is going to be a bummer with no unarmed. How can you possibly have fun with no unarmed?

Other questions:
Will mob stacking still be around?
Is redstone going to be fixed?
Will /ad remain?
Is there going to be a list of all possible commands?
Why can't the early access be longer or at least not while we are sleeping here on the east coast?
mob stacking is around, /ad has its own cratekey, the early access can't be longer because it'll conflict with the release time, redstone will be vanilla until it causes issues and needs to be reduced, shouldn't happen tho

fergydanny

Owner
Staff member
Owner
Early access has been moved to noon EST tomorrow (Friday) and release at 6 PM EST tomorrow (Also Friday).

Rusty29

You shouldn't be glitching through bedrock in the first place?

so how is it going to be legal to get above the nether, but we should not glitch to get above it? You are not making sense.

I have not glitched to get above it, but I know ppl who can/do and we never have in factions yet. My question still stands as to how we are expected to get above the nether if there is bedrock and you think we should not be glitching. (I know glitching is against the rules)

ILuvBallSweat

Formerly known as JuiceWRLD_
so how is it going to be legal to get above the nether, but we should not glitch to get above it? You are not making sense.

I have not glitched to get above it, but I know ppl who can/do and we never have in factions yet. My question still stands as to how we are expected to get above the nether if there is bedrock and you think we should not be glitching. (I know glitching is against the rules)

Mojang or whoever, put bedrock there for a reason plus it's in our rules. If someone is above the nether, you report him and we'll take action.
https://i.gyazo.com/c6d4faa347dced8473aed48a4f5b12e6.png

Rusty29

I don't think he did exphire

ohsnapdavid_

Remeku

Quite useless to have mcmmo at all then, don't you think? A 5000 or 10000 cap on them would be just fine as anyone who plays for a week can get these amounts.
  • Obsidian can be destroyed by repeated hits of tnt and creeper explosions (but not withers)
In my opinion this is just purely dumb. Why would you remove a vanilla minecraft mechanic in favor to some plugin that makes it possible for tnt to break obsidian? Withers were a good way to raid someone's base and wasn't even as easy as simply building a cannon... Besides, it required the player to gather wither skulls instead of a widely accessible item such as tnt.

Also, I didn't see anything said about redstone being fixed. If that's not getting fixed then how would you expect people to even build a proper cannon in the first place? :/

ohsnapdavid_

Quite useless to have mcmmo at all then, don't you think? A 5000 or 10000 cap on them would be just fine as anyone who plays for a week can get these amounts.
In my opinion this is just purely dumb. Why would you remove a vanilla minecraft mechanic in favor to some plugin that makes it possible for tnt to break obsidian? Withers were a good way to raid someone's base and wasn't even as easy as simply building a cannon... Besides, it required the player to gather wither skulls instead of a widely accessible item such as tnt.

Also, I didn't see anything said about redstone being fixed. If that's not getting fixed then how would you expect people to even build a proper cannon in the first place? :/
It's not 'useless' to have mcmmo then, it's far more balanced now. The reason skills are capped is because some players were able to break diamond armour in a few hits.

Withers have been disabled in the overworld because raiding was far too easy. By the way, you'll see how fun cannoning is. ;)

zapdoes12

Danny mentioned in one of his replies that redstone will be vanilla until it causes issues and needs to be reduced, but that shouldn't happen. :)

fergydanny

Owner
Staff member
Owner
It's not 'useless' to have mcmmo then, it's far more balanced now. The reason skills are capped is because some players were able to break diamond armour in a few hits.

Withers have been disabled in the overworld because raiding was far too easy. By the way, you'll see how fun cannoning is. ;)
Exactly, mcmmo skill caps will make it far more competitive and enjoyable by all as for the wither raiding, like stok mentionned, its too easy and kind of ruins the whole factions experience.

Kriptiick

Fergy, could you possibly open the server earlier than 6 EST -- only if you can do that and if the server is ready, that is.

Just because for people in other timezones like me, it is quite a late time to play :)

Its cool if you can't

Status
Not open for further replies.