Join the Official Discord Server for the opportunity to parttake in events, giveaways and more!

How To Have A Brighter Life

CaptainCatNebula

Helper
Staff member
Helper
Reactions
Thread starter #1
iuyffyu.png
∘∘∘

So I've noticed quite a lot of you have a very dark life.
Follow the steps below and you can have a brighter life.

1. Open your .Minecraft folder
  2. Then open a text document called options
    It will look like this:
    de15a2b60ef343637e66554dfc7b8fb1.png
  3. Change gamma to 10.0
    Untitledfsghfgh.png
  4. Save and overwrite the current options file, then close the document
  5. Now run Minecraft and enjoy a brighter life.

Don't worry, it's allowed
gamma.png

Yours truly, Minecraft Dad

Raider20

Helper
Staff member
Helper
Reactions
I went ahead and tested some things for myself, and found out that the brightness option in the video settings option changes the gamma in your .minecraft options folder,
1549643773634.png
I am not sure if this is because I have some mods installed, not the gamma mod of course.
Nonetheless, thanks for making another tutorial.

CaptainCatNebula

Helper
Staff member
Helper
Reactions
Thread starter #3
I went ahead and tested some things for myself, and found out that the brightness option in the video settings option changes the gamma in your .minecraft options folder,
View attachment 3700
I am not sure if this is because I have some mods installed, not the gamma mod of course.
Nonetheless, thanks for making another tutorial.
Brightness won't make it as bright as 10.0 gamma :)

Braynt

Reactions
You can also use the 5zig mod for a brighter life. 5zig mod allows you to put your brightness up to 1000% when Minecraft itself only allows you to put it up to 100%.
Great guide either way if you don't have the 5zig mod or any other changing gamma mods!

CaptainCatNebula

Helper
Staff member
Helper
Reactions
Thread starter #5
You can also use the 5zig mod for a brighter life. 5zig mod allows you to put your brightness up to 1000% when Minecraft itself only allows you to put it up to 100%.
Great guide either way if you don't have the 5zig mod or any other changing gamma mods!
Changing your gamma while you have 5zig installed won't work, tested and confirmed with @Raider20
But this is an easier option for those who don't know anything about mods i guess. I personally don't have 5zig either.

Raider20

Helper
Staff member
Helper
Reactions
So I have tested another thing, if you have 5zig, the brightness will get very bright, but not as bright as it can be. I went on vanilla minecraft and tested this and it worked, no darkness at all.