if trees...

Discussion in 'Life related' started by xxxterminated_, Jul 7, 2018.

1. xxxterminated_

xxxterminated_ Formerly known as JuiceWRLD_

produce oxygen
    how can we breathe in the desert?

2. 1uq

1uq Formerly known as 1stMarin

interesting question, i'll dmc my supervisors and reach out to you as soon as i have the answer

3. Pinkyyx

Pinkyyx Active Member

through the air?????? idk lol

deep.

4. xConway_

xConway_ Formerly known as dadway

We breathe the sand. I heard it's a better source of air than oxygen.

• Like Like x 1
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 1
    • Creative Creative x 1
  5. Shopz

Shopz Well-Known Member

Harvard told me they need you immediately.

• Funny Funny x 2
  6. Germiknight

Germiknight Active Member

Maybe its cactus that make dem oxygen

7. Vile_Moon

Vile_Moon Head Admin
    Staff Member Head Admin

Proof positive the Middle East is full of oxygen thieves.

8. Liezexo

Liezexo Formerly known as Waltt
    Staff Member Helper

So first off, this is a cool question, I got asked this a couple years ago by my biology teacher and it peaked my curiosity so I was asked to write a small paper on this topic and I still recall a few things, so let me enlighten you, lol.
    I felt like pointing this out since it’s been a while that I got to drop the knowledge bomb on people.
    The earth's atmosphere is made up of about 21 percent oxygen and since plants indeed do give off oxygen; places, where more plants/trees are present, have a higher localized oxygen rating.
    Now, since oxygen is, in fact, a gas, which is subject to the laws of physics, it's safe to say it's pretty much all over the place.
    Even though deserts may look "bleak," there's plenty of plants out there pumping out oxygen, they're called Crassulacean acid metabolism plants, or simply put CAM plants (f.ex. a pineapple or as Germi stated, cactus). These are plants that have a high tolerance towards drought, in other words, they survive in low-water conditions. They make use of whatever little water they have available in the air around them in order to produce oxygen through photosynthesis, some plants are even able to do it during the night.
    Marvelous isn't it?
    Now, have a good day mate.

#8 Liezexo, Jul 12, 2018
    Last edited: Jul 12, 2018
    • Like Like x 3
  9. poppybear699

poppybear699 Member

Actually sand traps oxygen, that's why you pour sand on top of fire... it works better than water
    We get oxygen because air moves... it doesn't just stay there... you can search up wind patterns if you want to read it up

10. xConway_

xConway_ Formerly known as dadway

bruh last post on this thread was 3+ weeks ago, so I'd recommend not necroposting/bringing dead threads back. Also, this was clearly me playing around and memeing.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  • About Us

We are Momento Network. From Creative to Factions, Prison and Skyblock, Momento represents some of the more popular ways to play Minecraft with friends! Since 2014, with only Prison, Momento has continued to grow and expand in new ways. Come give us a try and see what all the hype is about!
  • Support the server!

Help support the server! Enjoying your time on Momento? Want to help contribute to hosting costs? All contributions go towards bettering the server and maintaining a stable host. Click below to get more information about contribute today!

Contribute!