Join the Official Discord Server for the opportunity to parttake in events, giveaways and more!

if trees...

xxxterminated_

Formerly known as JuiceWRLD_
Reactions
Thread starter #1
produce oxygen
how can we breathe in the desert?

1uq

Formerly known as 1stMarin
Reactions
Banned #2
interesting question, i'll dmc my supervisors and reach out to you as soon as i have the answer

Pinkyyx

Reactions
through the air?????? idk lol

deep.

xConway_

Formerly known as dadway
Reactions
We breathe the sand. I heard it's a better source of air than oxygen.

Shopz

Helper
Staff member
Helper
Reactions
Harvard told me they need you immediately.

Vile_Moon

Retired
Reactions
Proof positive the Middle East is full of oxygen thieves.

Liezexo

Retired
Reactions
So first off, this is a cool question, I got asked this a couple years ago by my biology teacher and it peaked my curiosity so I was asked to write a small paper on this topic and I still recall a few things, so let me enlighten you, lol.
I felt like pointing this out since it’s been a while that I got to drop the knowledge bomb on people.
The earth's atmosphere is made up of about 21 percent oxygen and since plants indeed do give off oxygen; places, where more plants/trees are present, have a higher localized oxygen rating.
Now, since oxygen is, in fact, a gas, which is subject to the laws of physics, it's safe to say it's pretty much all over the place.
Even though deserts may look "bleak," there's plenty of plants out there pumping out oxygen, they're called Crassulacean acid metabolism plants, or simply put CAM plants (f.ex. a pineapple or as Germi stated, cactus). These are plants that have a high tolerance towards drought, in other words, they survive in low-water conditions. They make use of whatever little water they have available in the air around them in order to produce oxygen through photosynthesis, some plants are even able to do it during the night.
Marvelous isn't it?
Now, have a good day mate.

Last edited:
Reactions
We breathe the sand. I heard it's a better source of air than oxygen.
Actually sand traps oxygen, that's why you pour sand on top of fire... it works better than water
We get oxygen because air moves... it doesn't just stay there... you can search up wind patterns if you want to read it up

xConway_

Formerly known as dadway
Reactions
Actually sand traps oxygen, that's why you pour sand on top of fire... it works better than water
We get oxygen because air moves... it doesn't just stay there... you can search up wind patterns if you want to read it up
bruh last post on this thread was 3+ weeks ago, so I'd recommend not necroposting/bringing dead threads back. Also, this was clearly me playing around and memeing.