• IP Copied!
    Click to Copy IP
  • Join our Discord
  • Introducing Momento Money

fergydanny

Owner
    Staff member
    Owner

Hey guys, as you might have seen in the discord announcements, we've come out with a new currency to replace ad balance (before you panic, your old balances were transferred over). Basically we wanted to remove the ad system for a while as its not giving people ads at all and only a few lucky people are able to get ads and instantly win the top prizes, this is really unfair and broken.

As a fix for the above, I've created a new currency from the ground up that works similarly to ad balance, meaning you can trade it and cash it out for store giftcards but in a cleaner environment which will allow us to make more things use it over time. I hope you guys like it and if you find any bugs just hit me up!

One of the first things we plan on rolling out is the ability to buy Momento Money on the store, so you can transfer gift cards back into in-game currency to trade with others. Keep an eye on the store in the next few days as that will make its appearance!

p.s if you can't pay someone right now its simply because they need to relog once since the new system has been added, it will work flawlessly after they relog once!

Last edited:
    Wow! who came up with this cool and catchy name for our wonderful server's new currency? That person must be really intelligent and creative! :cool:

Shopz

Cool! Is voting the only way to earn now? Or will new ways of earning be added?

Although I like the sound of the new system, I kinda have mixed feelings about the removal. Yes, watching ads was broken. But every month I see people have a few dozen of watched ads. This month aswell. So in a way you could say it does work. People are able to watch ads. It's not like a person watches 2 ads and then gets a 20 dollar prize.
    Apart from this whole decision, why not wait until the end of the month? A lot of the people in the current /ad top were competing with each other to go for the highest prize. Will there be a prize for these people even though it stopped halfway?

Last edited:

fergydanny

Owner
    Staff member
    Owner
    Although I like the sound of the new system, I kinda have mixed feelings about the removal. Yes, watching ads was broken. But every month I see people have a few dozen of watched ads. This month aswell. So in a way you could say it does work. People are able to watch ads. It's not like a person watches 2 ads and then gets a 20 dollar prize.
    Apart from this whole decision, why not wait until the end of the month? A lot of the people in the current /ad top were competing with each other to go for the highest prize. Will there be a prize for these people even though it stopped halfway?
    70 ads are worth 70 cents my dude, and the people receive a 50$ giftcard, thats broken. There will not be prizes as its an unfair competition. When ad tops were thousands of ads during the month it was worth giving out the prize but like 70 ads, hell nah
    Cool! Is voting the only way to earn now? Or will new ways of earning be added?
    Yup but we plan on adding more ways.

I like the changes. I remember like 2 years ago I would always get an ad and it was awesome but now I stopped even checking because I assumed I would get none. I did, however, notice a glitch with the new system that when you vote and it shows your ad balance, it's a long decimal

fergydanny

Owner
    Staff member
    Owner
    I like the changes. I remember like 2 years ago I would always get an ad and it was awesome but now I stopped even checking because I assumed I would get none. I did, however, notice a glitch with the new system that when you vote and it shows your ad balance, it's a long decimal
    I fixed the decimal visual issue :) and yeah it sucks that it got to a point where only a few select people could get ads, unfair for the majority of people.

70 ads are worth 70 cents my dude, and the people receive a 50$ giftcard, thats broken.
    As I said in my comment, yes, it's broken. But it's still a competition that you had running during this month. Although you're the owner and you decide what happens or not, I think it's unfair towards the players to just end a competition they were going for halfway. Some players spent hours trying to get those few ads to be in /ad top. People decided to participate and go for /ad top and then you just decide to remove it without any notice.
    I really enjoy playing on Momento and I have a huge amount of respect towards you and other staff for running it, but in my opinion I think this matter could have been dealt with differently as I think it's an unfair decision towards the players competing.