Creative minigames?

Discussion in 'Server/Network Suggestions' started by Retro___, Jul 12, 2018.

1. Retro___

Retro___ Formerly known as Svennzzz

minigames like spleef,sky wars,uhc small version.
    with spleef use pickaxes, and if u win you can get a upgrade or adbalance you can use for a spesific gamemode like prison,factions,skyblock,towny,creative.

2. Germiknight

Germiknight Active Member

Has been tried before via kitpvp maybe that’s not a mini game but. I feel like we would have to take out two game modes and put in one mini game or kitpvp or zombies. I feel like the player base can now support a new/different gamemode.

3. BoBo7853

BoBo7853 Member

Wouldnt be Able to Do the Winning ad bal and upgrades cos people can easily boost with their friends or randon opponents.

• Agree Agree x 4
  4. NemoTheNemo

NemoTheNemo Formerly known as Skylar__

The problem with mini-games on Momento is the server simply doesn't have a high enough constant player base to keep those game modes up. We have had Sky Wars, Kit PvP, and Zombies in the past, but their love died out within the first weeks. After that, useless money was being thrown into a game mode nobody played which is no good for the server so they all were removed in the end.

What I have done in the past though is host Spleef tournaments on Prison. I'm in the process of making one on Creative so I can copy the build onto the Prison server (it's easier to fix mistakes in creative mode). I would make an announcement on the forums about the "event" so people knew when to come and win the prize of ad balance/currency of some sort on one of the game modes.

It's a work in progress but there are other ways to have fun in the community. Not every Minecraft server has to be a mini-game one. If you want mini-games, you're not in the right place :/

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  5. Yifann

Yifann Member

This is a fun idea, maybe have it so through the day these minigames get announced randomly and you can join if you do /join quickly for example, would be fun if there would be a broadcast message and players from all gamemodes could join. For example:

Broadcast: Spleef MiniGame is starting in 30 seconds, /join to compete.

BobTheBuilder123 has joined 1/12
    SteveTheNoob632 has joined 2/12
    Etc.

6. ItsMattyy

ItsMattyy Active Member

Maybe not this exact idea, a little different, and I'd be happy to see something like this come around. I'm not sure about the whole idea though.

7. Yifann

Yifann Member

I also had another idea for a tournament, maybe when there are enough people online, there could be like a sumo tournament that you can join, for example a tournament of 32 players,
    16 1v1’s in the first round, the winners go to the second round.
    8 1v1’s in the second round etc, and then as price like $5 ad balance.
    To prevent people boosting their friends, as much staff as possible should spectate to see if nobody is boosted (maybe give all staff /v only for the tournament)

8. Expired_420

Expired_420 Formerly known as _Impression_

I like the suggestion for Minigames, and especially how Germi notified about the Zombies game mode which has been tried before and was definitely fun to play. But the only issue is the player base, and everyone can see that. Momento is known for the main game modes it has right now, and on some, the player base isn't that high. Imagine adding a new game mode to the network, how would the player base be affected by it?

9. Germiknight

Germiknight Active Member

Something like kitpvp would be really nice. And right know I feel like if we removed 2 game modes that aren't played we could handle a hybrid mini game like kitpvp.

• About Us

We are Momento Network. From Creative to Factions, Prison and Skyblock, Momento represents some of the more popular ways to play Minecraft with friends! Since 2014, with only Prison, Momento has continued to grow and expand in new ways. Come give us a try and see what all the hype is about!
  • Support the server!

Help support the server! Enjoying your time on Momento? Want to help contribute to hosting costs? All contributions go towards bettering the server and maintaining a stable host. Click below to get more information about contribute today!

Contribute!