Creative Momento Build-Off Event

Discussion in 'Server/Network Suggestions' started by _Shft, May 11, 2018.

1. _Shft

_Shft Formerly known as xShft_PvP

Hi, Im _Shft.
    I have built an arena on creative for a Build Off, I am suggesting that this could be a possible future Momento Event Idea.
    How it will work:
    There will be 4 players trying to build a set theme, Then after a time period is over, players not taking part in the selected round will stand on the corner of the person who they think built the best. The competitor with the most players above them will win the round and move on.
    Rules:
    Only one player working on one build at a time.
    No World Edit
    1 Player per build

Follow the Theme otherwise instant elimination
    Any Inappropriate builds will be an instant elimination plus further actions will be taking place.

Anyway, I hope that this idea could be taken into consideration for a future Momento Event.
    Thanks for reading, Anyone who wants to check out the build battle idea arena fully go onto creative and the command is /p h _Shft 4, Any comments on the idea are all helpful.

Bird Eyes View:
    https://gyazo.com/3437009109de3d343a3f82357115897c

_Shft

Edit: It can now hold up to 6 players so it will be a ffa with 6 players.

#1 _Shft, May 11, 2018
    Last edited: May 11, 2018
    • Agree Agree x 1
  2. MaketBoss

MaketBoss Active Member

I like this idea but it would take a lot of time tho for just 4 at a time tho.

• Like Like x 1
  3. Germiknight

Staff Member Mod

I do agree with Maket. It would be fun but maybe like 7 people play and staff vote on who they thought had the best. I think this could be an interesting idea and might be fun however organizing this would be a pain.

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. _Shft

I could expand the arena a bit or if it does go into further consideration maybe the arena could be changed and enlarged a bit.

Edit: I have added an extra 2 build spots so now the build battle can hold 6 players

#4 _Shft, May 11, 2018
    Last edited: May 11, 2018
  5. dadway

dadway Formerly known as xConway_

This has been tried in the past but hasn't worked well, partly as all little build contests were unofficial. If they actually announced a building contest, I'm sure it would be pretty good.

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. MaketBoss

MaketBoss Active Member

Since this is vote based result favouritism would be a problem too. We should not let voters know who built what.

• Agree Agree x 3
  7. _Shft

That is true and a good point, maybe the other players could be in a separate room away from the builders and when the set time is up they get teleported into the arena and vote

8. ItsMattyy

ItsMattyy Active Member

I like this idea, although with the amount of players (like 6-7) wouldn't be enough space, maybe if they made enough space for more then it would be a good idea. But I do think this would be a good idea.

• Like Like x 1
  9. _Shft

Depending on the amount of people that show up on the day (if this idea is taken further) it could be teams of 2 or 3 or 1, but I understand where you are coming from.

10. ItsMattyy

ItsMattyy Active Member

Ohhhhhhh I get it now. So if I'm getting the right thing and say there are 30 people, there would be 3 teams? That's just an example though. :)

11. _Shft

Well kind off, that would mean 10 people per build which wouldn’t work as it would be too hectic, what I meant was that there are about 2-3 people on a build so 6 building teams of 2-3

• Agree Agree x 1
  • About Us

We are Momento Network. From Creative to Factions, Prison and Skyblock, Momento represents some of the more popular ways to play Minecraft with friends! Since 2014, with only Prison, Momento has continued to grow and expand in new ways. Come give us a try and see what all the hype is about!
  • Support the server!

Help support the server! Enjoying your time on Momento? Want to help contribute to hosting costs? All contributions go towards bettering the server and maintaining a stable host. Click below to get more information about contribute today!

Contribute!