Skyblock New rule (for all gamemodes)

Discussion in 'Server/Network Suggestions' started by TotallyNotMarco, Jul 14, 2018 at 1:19 AM.

1. TotallyNotMarco

TotallyNotMarco Formerly known as MarcotheKiller45

Recently, people are talking about politics and it always ends in an argument that is not welcoming and toxic, so I'm suggesting to add a new rule in regards to politics, no politics in chat.

#1 TotallyNotMarco, Jul 14, 2018 at 1:19 AM
    Last edited: Jul 14, 2018 at 1:26 AM
    • Funny Funny x 2
  2. Vile_Moon

Vile_Moon Head Admin
    Staff Member Head Admin

If you are really serious about this suggestion, you might have better luck getting any level of consideration if you typed up an example of how you think the rule should be written/worded and what the enforcement punishment should be. Making a vague suggestion and then expecting staff to do all the work to make it happen is a great way to have your suggestion dismissed.

• Agree Agree x 2
  3. bazs2000

bazs2000 Member

Sorry but if something important like politics can't be discussed anymore then there must be something wrong. Better dive in these discussions with an open mind and ignore the rest.

As an adult i cannot go with this suggestion. :)

4. Liezexo

Liezexo Formerly known as Waltt

Politics is something people tend to discuss at some point, there's nothing wrong with sharing an opinion, slight controversy might ensue, that's normal. This controversy might lead to toxicity, sure; that is considered punishable. Therefore I don't see this rule necessary at all since it falls under the ongoing rule of toxicity itself, at least, when it gets out of hand.
    When the discussion becomes blatant, to the worst degree, it becomes toxic, that ends up in a toxic-ban I assume (since toxicity doesn't get warned) and further conflict will be prevented. Not entirely sure if verbal warnings for toxicity happen though since they don't /warn for it and simply discuss whether or not the toxicity is enough for a ban to be enforced.

I somewhat get your point though, it might not be enough for a toxicity-ban but enough for a warning, but who decides what the boundaries are? It's a hard thing to decide, what one person deems punishable, another doesn't. In the end, I simply don't see this rule working out since it's a bit vaguely stated like Moon said.

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. BoBo7853

BoBo7853 Member

Look your playing a block game. Who gives a fuck if people are talking about politics. in my opinion if it doenst affect me i dont care

6. Vile_Moon

Vile_Moon Head Admin
    Staff Member Head Admin

While this is going to slightly derail from the original topic, I would like to expand on this to clarify how Toxicity issues are dealt with. Toxicity is, generally, something that is based on a player's overall punitive history and general behavior. That is to say, we evaluate every Toxicity ban on a case-by-case basis and make a decision on a case-by-case basis. When it comes to our (the staff's) attention that a user has excessive warnings, but hasn't quite earned themselves a permanent ban, and their behavior is constant testing the limits, we then start putting all of the pieces together to determine if that is, in fact, a toxic player or just someone that doesn't understand the severity of their actions. So, to ultimately answer your question, the boundaries for a Toxicity ban are very fluid and depend on each individual situation. Sometimes it can take days/weeks/months to establish a history of toxicity, other times it can happen almost instantly. Generally speaking, most problem users earn themselves a permanent ban for various other reasons and, therefore, don't require any kind of investigation into Toxicity.

• Informative Informative x 2
  • About Us

We are Momento Network. From Creative to Factions, Prison and Skyblock, Momento represents some of the more popular ways to play Minecraft with friends! Since 2014, with only Prison, Momento has continued to grow and expand in new ways. Come give us a try and see what all the hype is about!
  • Support the server!

Help support the server! Enjoying your time on Momento? Want to help contribute to hosting costs? All contributions go towards bettering the server and maintaining a stable host. Click below to get more information about contribute today!

Contribute!