Guide Please do not get scammed like I did...

Discussion in 'Prison' started by Miner_Gavin, Aug 10, 2018.

1. Miner_Gavin

Miner_Gavin New Member

Hello! I am indeed back with another post. This one will be a guide like the last one I made(about money making when you are new on the server) however, this time, it will be about scamming.

So, on the sad morning of 8/10/18, I got scammed by someone name Just_Robert who has actually scammed a LOT of people before. He asked me for help, so, wanting to apply for helper, I helped him out. What I didn't know was that I was helping him out in a way that would give him 1 quintillion dollars(Please block him! He has scammed a lot of people on this server , I approximate 20 including me)

So when he asked me to make a sign shop for him so people could sell him 2000 tokens for 600q, I made the shop on his plot. What he did next was to block me from the plot, and then to sell tokens to me and take the tokens out of the chest, and then repeat.

After I chewed him out, he gave me back my 1qt... then spammed the sign again, and then spent ALL my money. I finally got Heenimu in the action and he finally broke the sign after a LOT of pressure.

In the end, Heenimu decided to give me 1.3qt because... I don't actually know. But Heen is nice. But, overall, don't build shops for people. Tell them how to make a shop. Just don't build it yourself.

To avoid getting scammed like I did, please do not take these words lightly:

1. Try to only make deals with staff. They will get banned if they scam you.

2. Try to think of every way they could scam you. Because if you, the person possibly getting scammed can think of a way and the person you are making a deal with isn't credible, then they might use that to scam you.

3. If you are doing an ad balance deal, or a trade on a pickaxe or whatever it is you can't use /trade or a chest shop for, tell them that you will pay half the money, then they give you the item, then you pay half the money, so if it is a scam, you are only losing half the money you originally would. If you get scammed. You would lost 1/2 of the money you were offering if you get scammed, but it's a lot better than losing all of it.

4. Never, EVER build a shop for someone on their plot unless they have a high donor rank or are credible because you might fall into the same trap that I did and so many others have. The second you finish building the shop, they will block you from their plot, sell, take the items out, and then repeat until you have no money left. They will keep the shop there, so they can literally do that very single time that you have money. They will log on periodically, spam the chest, do stuff, then log off. DO NOT build a shop on an uncredible person's plot.

Please don't get scammed guys
    Hope this guide helps or will help in the future :)
    -Miner :cool:

• Informative Informative x 1
  2. 0nknownMan13

0nknownMan13 Formerly known as 0hioState23

#2 0nknownMan13, Aug 10, 2018
    Last edited: Aug 10, 2018
  3. Germiknight

Germiknight Active Member

Also staff won't get banned if we scam. We only get demoted.

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. BoBo7853

BoBo7853 Member

I Dont understand why you made the shop for him. obviously you cant make a shop over someone elses name the game would be broken if you could do that. So why would you do it? And also in my opinion this isnt much of a guide to stop people getting scammed its more you saying someone is a scammer And that isnt really a scam as if you understood the game a bit more you wouldnt of made the sign in the first place.

5. Miner_Gavin

Miner_Gavin New Member

Ok now I know that staff only get demoted XD I didn't know before

6. Miner_Gavin

Miner_Gavin New Member

Oof sorry :(

7. Liezexo

Liezexo Formerly known as Waltt
    Staff Member Mod

I don’t mean to be blunt but scamming is allowed and a part of the game. Getting scammed is an experience that belongs in these gamemodes and frankly, what the guy did was kind of smart if you think about it. You can’t make a shop on others’ behalf since it’ll just change the name to your own, otherwise you’d be able to just make a sign with someone elses name and sell to that etc (makes a lot of sense).
    Scamming is a choice you can make, it sure ruins your reputation but it gets you the money you need, as simple as that. It isn’t fun to get scammed, but then again, it’s a part of it.
    Like Bobo said above, this is mainly just calling out the person who did this to you. Still, it’s helpful in a way, but scamming can be done in all sorts of ways and falling for it happens to the best of us, you just have to get over it and move on.

• Agree Agree x 4
  8. Miner_Gavin

Miner_Gavin New Member

Well said. Well said.

9. ItzBoo

ItzBoo Mod
    Staff Member Mod

If you need financial help, I can help you out when I get back from vacation (2 weeks).

10. Yifann

Yifann Member

lmao I still remember me getting scammed by this when I was played prison sapphire.

11. Miner_Gavin

Miner_Gavin New Member

:O ty <3

12. Atlas_2D

Atlas_2D Formerly known as __index

It doesn't matter what you put in the first line of the sign, It puts your username there automatically. That's why I always leave the first blank, so I don't have to do more typing. Lieze (I know i spelled that wrong) has already said this.

• About Us

We are Momento Network. From Creative to Factions, Prison and Skyblock, Momento represents some of the more popular ways to play Minecraft with friends! Since 2014, with only Prison, Momento has continued to grow and expand in new ways. Come give us a try and see what all the hype is about!
  • Support the server!

Help support the server! Enjoying your time on Momento? Want to help contribute to hosting costs? All contributions go towards bettering the server and maintaining a stable host. Click below to get more information about contribute today!

Contribute!