IP Copied!
Click to Copy IP

Prisons Reset Details

LieutenantFoggy

Dev
Staff member
Dev
Prisons V15.png
Hi guys, today I am announcing the next Prisons reset! This reset aims to address some of the complaints we have received over the last few months about the current prisons season and includes a bunch of quality of life changes!

Key Dates
Wednesday, April 7th
- Prisons will close to the public to allow us to apply the reset
Friday, April 9th @ 2pm EST (6pm GMT) - Prisons Opens for omega Early Access
Friday, April 9th @ 3pm EST (7pm GMT) - Prisons Opens for everyone

What's New?
- Enchants have been reworked.
- Fortune has been removed because it was unfixable (sorry!), however, we have replaced fortune with the Greed enchant giving it significant buffs to help make up for the loss. Hopefully you all should now be able to achieve those top rebirths!
- Detonate enchant has been removed, apparently everyone hated it and said it was annoying
- New Store Bundles containing lots of goodies
- Sell Booster Gems have been significantly buffed
- Money Boosters have been significantly buffed
- Money Armour has been significantly buffed
- New Armour type that multiplies orbs
- Rank Multipliers have been increased
- Rank Mines have been rebuilt with the mines being 67x67 in size (regular mines are 51x51 in size)
- Private Mines have been rebuilt to match the size of rank mines.
- Added Envoy every 2 hours
- Reaction is now every 15 minutes (this change will also roll-out globally)
- Reaction is no longer case sensitive, long of the days of losing because you forgot to turn caps lock off! (this will also roll-out globally)
- Brought Back Version Numbers (this is Version 15)

Bug Fixes
- Blocks Top should now only have a player once, no more double winners!
- Removed obsolete items from crates.
- Pickaxes no longer show having 10 gem slots when in reality there is only 5.
- Removed the thing that tells you there's a mine every 25 rebirths, cus there ain't!
- Kits Menu is now centred

New Mines
Here are a few screenshots of what some of the new rank mines look like!

Obsidian1617310768105.png

Bedrock
1617310797284.png

Void
1617310843392.png

Quartz1617311025184.png

Hope you all enjoy this new season of Prisons! Looking forward to seeing you all on Friday!

Last edited:

NoobyChicken

One of the main reasons I quit prisons is because of the repetitiveness it faces. Yes, it is all good and well adding small updates and doing minor bug fixes each season but where is the new content? I'd love to see some new content to make prisons really exciting.

• New Enchantments added weekly (maybe not all pickaxe enchantments add some armor ones too)
  • More usages for pets instead of just giving out a money booster
  • Give people reasons to PVP because that has just completely died and has been dead for 6-7 versions now
The standard edition Momento brings to prisons is beginning to bore us as you can probably tell with the 0 players online most of the time. I love reset hype but this just isn't hyping me up anymore and I'm sure many others feel the same. I'm not disrespecting the management I applaud your continued hard work but I feel like prisons needs an entire overhaul bringing in some custom features and new ways to play.

LieutenantFoggy

Dev
Staff member
Dev
One of the main reasons I quit prisons is because of the repetitiveness it faces. Yes, it is all good and well adding small updates and doing minor bug fixes each season but where is the new content? I'd love to see some new content to make prisons really exciting.

• New Enchantments added weekly (maybe not all pickaxe enchantments add some armor ones too)
  • More usages for pets instead of just giving out a money booster
  • Give people reasons to PVP because that has just completely died and has been dead for 6-7 versions now
The standard edition Momento brings to prisons is beginning to bore us as you can probably tell with the 0 players online most of the time. I love reset hype but this just isn't hyping me up anymore and I'm sure many others feel the same. I'm not disrespecting the management I applaud your continued hard work but I feel like prisons needs an entire overhaul bringing in some custom features and new ways to play.

I agree with Prisons needing an overhaul, but that isn't something that can be done in a matter of weeks. A complete rework is in progress but it's going to take time since we're basically rewriting the whole server from scratch. The intent of this reset was not really to bring "new content", the aim of this reset was to fix a bunch of quality of life issues that people had been complaining about so that people would stick around long enough for us to have put together a fully redesigned prisons. This isn't something we're willing to rush just for the sake of "new content" because it's pointless putting out new content if it's shit.

Thank you for your feedback anyway, it is greatly appreciated. I'll also look at incorporating some of your suggestions, I'm already planning a complete pet overhaul.

New enchantments weekly... that just seems a bit over the top and also way too much work to keep on top of, there's not that many enchants that you can really add to Prisons, and I'm sure people will be pissed if they find out their favourite enchant won't be added for weeks etc, not something I think will work.

As for giving PVP more purpose, again something we're trying to work on, and with this update we introduced envoy's into PVP to hopefully encourage people to PVP.

NoobyChicken

I agree with Prisons needing an overhaul, but that isn't something that can be done in a matter of weeks. A complete rework is in progress but it's going to take time since we're basically rewriting the whole server from scratch. The intent of this reset was not really to bring "new content", the aim of this reset was to fix a bunch of quality of life issues that people had been complaining about so that people would stick around long enough for us to have put together a fully redesigned prisons. This isn't something we're willing to rush just for the sake of "new content" because it's pointless putting out new content if it's shit.

Thank you for your feedback anyway, it is greatly appreciated. I'll also look at incorporating some of your suggestions, I'm already planning a complete pet overhaul.

New enchantments weekly... that just seems a bit over the top and also way too much work to keep on top of, there's not that many enchants that you can really add to Prisons, and I'm sure people will be pissed if they find out their favourite enchant won't be added for weeks etc, not something I think will work.

As for giving PVP more purpose, again something we're trying to work on, and with this update we introduced envoy's into PVP to hopefully encourage people to PVP.
I understand how long these things can take being a developer myself and wish you the best of luck with the recoding of the network. Thank you for informing me on the purpose of this reset and thank you for taking the ideas into consideration obviously they were just off the top of my head but I look forward to seeing what you come up with. :)