• Global Reducing the scam

Status
    Not open for further replies.

TivsyBean

Mod
    Staff member
    Mod
    Hi,

First of all, i know its allowed but i still wanna talk about this!

Ok, so we all know there are a few scammers around, those scammers can make it less fun to play, because we have to be aware of everything.
    Why not make a thing where you can report a scammer at a different page on forums, when the player is reported five (5) times, staff will look into it.
    When staff agrees that the person is a scammer they get a 24hour tag with something like [SCAM] or [SCAMMER].
    I know this would be kinda rude, but i think this would be a good way to punish them.
    Or let new people only make an island warp after being on the server for 24 hours. Because people make alts to scam too.

Again, I know scamming is allowed, but i think people would more enjoy playing on Momento when they know it's being dealt with.

Please let me know what u think of this!
    Thank you for reading,
    Tivs.

Braynt

I don't like the idea in general, but something like this would mean staff has to spend their time investigating the evidence that was posted to make sure the player being reported actually scammed said player. Staff should use that time doing something that'll actually help the community e.g. making sure there are barely any to no rule breakers, etc. This would honestly just be a waste of their time.

Simple solution to not get scammed: Don't trade with people you don't trust.

TivsyBean

Mod
    Staff member
    Mod
    I don't like the idea in general, but something like this would mean staff has to spend their time investigating the evidence that was posted to make sure the player being reported actually scammed said player. Staff should use that time doing something that'll actually help the community e.g. making sure there are barely any to no rule breakers, etc. This would honestly just be a waste of their time.

Simple solution to not get scammed: Don't trade with people you don't trust.
    I agree with this too, But I'm seeing so many messages in chat, for example: 'he scams' 'she scams' 'dont go its scam'. Honestly its becomming annoying for the people that dont get scammed too.

For the fact, i never got scammed but its for the sake of others.

Hi,

First of all, i know its allowed but i still wanna talk about this!

Ok, so we all know there are a few scammers around, those scammers can make it less fun to play, because we have to be aware of everything.
    Why not make a thing where you can report a scammer at a different page on forums, when the player is reported five (5) times, staff will look into it.
    When staff agrees that the person is a scammer they get a 24hour tag with something like [SCAM] or [SCAMMER].
    I know this would be kinda rude, but i think this would be a good way to punish them.
    Or let new people only make an island warp after being on the server for 24 hours. Because people make alts to scam too.

Again, I know scamming is allowed, but i think people would more enjoy playing on Momento when they know it's being dealt with.

Please let me know what u think of this!
    Thank you for reading,
    Tivs.
    They dont need a tag that says [SCAM] or [SCAMMER] because whenever xX_Sophia_Xx says something in chat like: ''Come to my island'' everyone just warns you before that she is a scammer. However Scamming is allowed. Its the players own fault, staff can do nothing about it.

This is a funny way to punish people, but there aren't many active scammers on the server, except xX_Sophia_Xx, superfastmonkey, milocool1 etc. But, the whole server already know of them so it makes no sense to make a tag, because everyone already know all the scammers, and the same as DJim said, everyone warns eachother.

digiboi_

Formerly known as DerpyEagle_
    Just to add another scammer to the list: JakeKicker. I trusted him, because he was nice to me, and I even built half a chunk of cactus farm for him. He asked to join my island, and he added his spawners to mine. I went AFK, while I locked my island. He sold all of his keys to me, and took them from the chest, and repeated to do so until he had drained all of my 28mil. He left my island, and blocked me on discord. Beware.

Braynt

I agree with this too, But I'm seeing so many messages in chat, for example: 'he scams' 'she scams' 'dont go its scam'. Honestly its becomming annoying for the people that dont get scammed too.

For the fact, i never got scammed but its for the sake of others.
    Simply warn eachother in-game if a person is scamming instead of giving him/her a tag called [SCAM] or [SCAMMER]. Giving people such tags will most likely only increase the toxic behavior of people who get this tag. Even if it just a temporary tag. But I don't get the part where you said: "Honestly its becomming annoying for the people that dont get scammed too." I don't see how it would get annoying for people who don't have been scammed yet and others try to prevent that from happening?

fergydanny

Owner
    Staff member
    Owner
    I dont see this being added, thanks for the suggestion tho

Status
    Not open for further replies.