• IP Copied!
    Click to Copy IP
  • Join our Discord
  • Sappy leaving thread

Liezexo

Retired
    Hi,

As most of you will have guessed by the title, I’m going to be leaving. Some of you might ask yourself why, some of you may not, idk. However, I’ll elaborate on that for a bit, if you care to read.

By now you might have noticed my activity isn’t what it used to be, as of lately staffing has become more an obligation to me, rather than a hobby. Unfortunately, there’s little to no will left to get on daily. This being due to the workload I have to put up with on a day to day basis.
    During this time of my life I’m exploring all of my options, regarding my future, in other words: getting big things done. I have a lot of important projects coming up and they’re going to need my continuous devotion. Needless to say, I have a lot on my plate and I hope you guys understand.
    Regardless, around April I would’ve been internet-less for over two weeks, since I’m in Cuba then. Besides, most likely would’ve been inactive for almost a whole month then, due to projects and internships; that’s not something you want from a staff member, hence my decision.

Furthermore, I’ll attempt not to make this a “sappy” thread.
    A little more than a year back I joined this server, February 14th 2018, Valentine’s day (what are the odds, am I right?). Ever since then I’ve never had the will to leave, even though I took a slight break around June last year due to my finals; then came back, applied, got accepted August 15th and here we are now. I’ve been an Admin since, around, November 25th, I think. Then, since recently I guess I’m a sort of Head-Admin? due to the ranks changing, it’s all relatively confusing, not gonna lie. In my opinion, this might not be a good time for me to leave, but my personal life comes first, and as hard as that decision may be, I’m going to stick to it.
    Together with the staff team we’ve been working on improving the server and it’s hard to leave it behind when you’re striving to make something better and getting closer day by day. Danny’s been putting up great work lately and making some good changes, while not everything might be perfect, we’ve always done our best to provide you guys with what you wanted. While that’s not always the same for everyone and there will always be complaints, I like to believe we’ve done pretty well.
    I’ve enjoyed most of my days playing here, though it’s hard to say I’ve enjoyed all of them. The people I’ve met on here helped shape me into who I am today, be it good or bad; that’s for you all to decide. Though, I am genuinely happy with who I am today. You guys have been amazing and less toxic than expected from an online community in 2018-2019, especially in this wonderful block game we all play.

On another note, there’s one single person on here that deserves a real tag in a goodbye thread. That person being KKX.
    @KariKittyx You are, by far, the best person I’ve met on here. You’ve helped me along the way, together with Sophie and some others. You supported me through each and every decision I’ve made and you spray me with compliments on the daily, I cannot thank you enough for everything you’ve done for me. With a water, mucin, lipids, lysosomes, lactoferrin, lipocalin, lacritin, immunoglobulins, glucose, urea, sodium, and potassium solution forming in my eyes, I hate to say that I will miss you to death. Though this won’t be the last you see/hear of me, we’ll be keeping contact here and there. I leave my “work” in your trusty gamer hands and expect no less than the best from you. MaKE momENtO great AgAIN.
    I love you.

I won’t be tagging you but, Chris, dear dear boy Chrisbeg. The time I got to know you, you were kind and willing to learn “our” ways. In my opinion, you adjusted well and quick and brought the table to the game, if that makes any sense. You’ve been doing good so far and all I have to say is that I’ll miss winning from you in spleef. Keep it up coolio, believe in yourself.

As for Danny, I won’t be tagging you either. You brought me onto the team, together with Mama and I am forever grateful to you. You’re doing a wonderful job with the server and you’re an amazing owner, I do advise you to work on your sleeping schedule though. Since, as far as I’m concerned, it’s not that consistent, nor good. Anyways, I’m glad I got presented with the opportunity, you guys took me under your wing and trusted me. All I can tell you is: Be open to new things.
    Thank you for everything and do what you do best.

To all of the staff team: Stay woke plebs

To all the people from the Netherlands: ne patat is nen aardappel, geen friet, frieten zijn frieten.

To everyone else, I’ll be PMing the people that come to mind, I’m sorry to those that I forget to reach out to, feel free to drop me a message, my discord can be found in my spoiler, below.
    I love you guys all so much and I’m going to miss every single one of you, toxic or not, you made the community what it is.
    Goodbye.

xo Lieze
    Your Momento Queen & former, amazing, Administrator.

Oh no, Lieze! I really did not expect this to occur. It really sucks for you to step down, but you know, duty calls. You did such an amazing job as staff, and I'll always remember this! I'll miss you, as you have been very helpful to me! Good luck in life! We will always keep touch on Discord! Hopefully you remember that recipe I sent ya! ;)

fergydanny

Owner
    Staff member
    Owner
    Thank you for your time lieze, you were a great staff member and I know I don't say this enough but the staff team are responsible for a big part of the "momento experience". You have left your mark on the server and will always have your place here, good luck with real life!

KariKittyx

Admin
    Staff member
    Admin
    Even though I knew that this was coming, I'm crying so hard... Man, I'm going to miss you so much even if you are only a message away. You are one of the people who has shaped my time on the staff team, my time in the community and just my life in general. You're literally one of the most amazing people I've had the pleasure of meeting and one of the best people I've had the pleasure of working with.

I can't say even close to all the words I'd love to. You've helped shape the direction of the community and the staff team, and you've changed lives for the better. On behalf of everyone, both those who will say it themselves and those who will not- Thank you for everything you've done. We love you.

I can confidently say that you're someone to never forget, girl! thank you for constantly looking out for everyone, setting time aside for the server, and coming to anyone's aid who might need it - as a staff member and as a friend. it's been such a pleasure to get to know you in the time that I have. keep working hard in school - you're gonna get that dream job in whatever field of Science you decide ;) hope to see you around! sooo much love to you and good luck with whatever is coming in your future.

ItsDavidx

Senior Mod
    Staff member
    Senior Mod
    No Dutch staff. Lekker gewerkt.

Liezexo

Retired
    Oh no, Lieze! I really did not expect this to occur. It really sucks for you to step down, but you know, duty calls. You did such an amazing job as staff, and I'll always remember this! I'll miss you, as you have been very helpful to me! Good luck in life! We will always keep touch on Discord! Hopefully you remember that recipe I sent ya! ;)
    Duty calls indeed, I’ll definitely miss you too! Them noodles are waiting for me, I’ll make sure to cook up your recipe at least once in my life, haha
    peace out, homie
    Cya homeslice
    Thank you for your time lieze, you were a great staff member and I know I don't say this enough but the staff team are responsible for a big part of the "momento experience". You have left your mark on the server and will always have your place here, good luck with real life!
    Can’t thank you enough for everything; wipe your tears while I enjoy my savage pass danny man. Your roast will be legendary ;)
    Even though I knew that this was coming, I'm crying so hard... Man, I'm going to miss you so much even if you are only a message away. You are one of the people who has shaped my time on the staff team, my time in the community and just my life in general. You're literally one of the most amazing people I've had the pleasure of meeting and one of the best people I've had the pleasure of working with.

I can't say even close to all the words I'd love to. You've helped shape the direction of the community and the staff team, and you've changed lives for the better. On behalf of everyone, both those who will say it themselves and those who will not- Thank you for everything you've done. We love you.
    All I can say is that I mf love you man
    I can confidently say that you're someone to never forget, girl! thank you for constantly looking out for everyone, setting time aside for the server, and coming to anyone's aid who might need it - as a staff member and as a friend. it's been such a pleasure to get to know you in the time that I have. keep working hard in school - you're gonna get that dream job in whatever field of Science you decide ;) hope to see you around! sooo much love to you and good luck with whatever is coming in your future.
    Tears are being shed, oh me oh my— I’m gonna miss you like crazy, I expect nothing but the best from you, bella. You’re setting out to do great things, if you need anyone to talk to, hmu, you know where to find me :)
    Rip no dutch staff anymore
    No Dutch staff. Lekker gewerkt.
    Well, boys, that’s life. I’m certain the current staff team will hold up just fine, they still have me, a message away and I’ve taught some of them some useful Dutch vocabulary, so they’re in the clear for a good while.
    Also, thank you, David.
    hmu now we both players ifuknowwhatimean
    I know whatchu mean Silk man, but if it’s “smash or pass,” I’ll pass ;) was fun knowing you mans
    I WUB YOU TOOOOO

wow liZe, this hit me hard. I hope you progress well into your next path and enjoy every step. God will I miss you and calling you liZe.
    All the best from me leize, Kindle.

Raider20

This is very unexpected and sad, but your future should come before any block game. Thank you, Lieze, for all the work, time, and effort you've put into the community. You were one of the main people I messaged when I had a problem and you almost always answered me unless it was a dumb question(you know how I ask those sometimes ;)), so Thank You. You will be missed, but never forgotten, Much Love XO

I really didn't expect this, wowie..

Thank you for the great discord convos and all the help you've given me and everyone else <3 I wish you the best of luck in school and whatever else you decide to do! You're intelligent, funny, and overall a great person to be around.. I think you'll do great ;)

Braynt

Honestly, I never expected you to leave. You're an amazing individual and, you were a great staff member. Really sad to see you leave, but life always comes first, no matter what. Hope to talk to you sometimes and kick life's butt!

IkBenErik

Helper
    Staff member
    Helper
    I didn't really get to know you that well but you were always a great person when you were online! It's so sad to see you go but I wish you all the best with life! Enjoy life!

Shopz

I remember I first met you back when I was mod and we connected over our love for music. Unfortunately I resigned and quit about a month later so I wasn't there for your promotions, I just came back and you were admin. Anyways, we're all gonna miss you here, it won't be the same without you. Just know you'll be back one day. You can never really leave. <3

Chrisbeg

Retired
    Although we've been speaking about this the past few days, it's so sad to see if official. Please take my advice, I'm sure you'll flourish now that you've left. This thread clearly shows how much you really care for Momento, nobody can doubt that. Thank you so much for your time here and thank you so much for the kind words. Speak soon!

Sad to see you go lieze. you have been 1 of the greatest staff i have loved talking with also you have been fun to play as a player and staff.

Well Have fun with life.
    -Bee