Second Skyblock? [Poll]

Discussion in 'News & Announcements' started by fergydanny, Feb 10, 2018.

?

Do you want a second less op skyblock?

Poll closed Feb 17, 2018.
  1. YES!

42 vote(s)
    79.2%
  2. NO

11 vote(s)
    20.8%
  1. fergydanny

fergydanny Owner
    Staff Member Owner

Hey guys, as the title mentions, this is a poll and I want your input on it. As you are probably aware skyblock is currently struggling to handle itself. I optimize it daily but at some point the basic minecraft mechanics cant just be removed/killed without breaking gameplay. What I offer as a solution is to keep working on making the current skyblock more playable and also to create a second skyblock that is less op and fresh.

When I made that whats next post, many of you voted on a more op skyblock and a less op one, it seems that its something some of you want to see and I think it would be awesome to offer both to you guys and to any new players. This would let you decide which kind of skyblock experience you want to play, a harder less op one or an easier more op one. Both will be maintained and reset every few months as per usual.

Vote below:

p.s if you have a more opinionated view about it, please dont hesitate to comment

• Like Like x 3
  2. whitefang875

whitefang875 Member

Would we have to buy a whole new rank?

3. ItsMattyy

ItsMattyy Active Member

As whitefang said above, would we have to buy a whole new rank? If so, I say no.

What I think about the current skyblock.

Iron Golems: People were getting 100+ ig's the 1st to 2nd month of the reset.

Cobble Gens: People would just afk with 8+ alts and get LOADS of diamond blocks everyday, which I see as unfair for those who don't have alts. What I think is you should add a 1 account at a time rule, or something like that.

Prices: I think all the prices for everything were quite fine, except Ig's and some other spawners.

Keys: I think the keys are pretty good.

Pickaxes: I think maybe make the chances for exo picks a little lower.

There might be more to come. But for now, my answer to change skyblock, is yes.

4. fergydanny

fergydanny Owner
    Staff Member Owner

I'm open to having ranks sync though they may have slightly different perks on each server (they would be listed on each's store section but be credited on both servers). To balance them with the server. Everything other than ranks would be per server though as they are consumables and are to be balanced with what economy is on that server. Does this seem like a good option to you guys?

• Like Like x 6
    • Agree Agree x 1
  5. ItsMattyy

ItsMattyy Active Member

I like that idea.

• Like Like x 1
  6. Cherewbulliboop

Cherewbulliboop Formerly known as Cherubily

This sounds like a great idea though, I don't usually play Skyblock that much. Having two different servers could be beneficial to everyone.

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. KariKittyx

KariKittyx Admin
    Staff Member Admin

I agree with most everything out forward here, I especially love the possibility of ranks being cross server, atleast with different perks and items. A less op skyblock would be really nice to sit back and chill. I think we may need a definition of what a “less op” skyblock is though. How would this effect /shop, or the ore generation in cobble gens?

Overall I’d love to see this implemented, would help life strain off of the server and give players a choice of which way they’d like to approach the game mode.

• Agree Agree x 1
  8. xConway_

xConway_ Formerly known as dadway

All in favor of this. Some people that I know don't play skyblock because it's too OP here, and this would be something that I feel like would attract more players to the server.

• Agree Agree x 2
  9. Tjoto

Tjoto Well-Known Member

I’d love to see a second Skyblock that’s less OP. That might trigger me to play again, though. Like @Matthewwwwwwwww stated, those thing are really overpowered in the current Skyblock. And about the rank sync, that’s a great idea for those who bought a rank on OP Skyblock, and wants to play on the normal Skyblock. Personally, I bought a rank on the current Skyblock, but if the normal Skyblock will arrive, I will be able to play again because I like that much more than the current one. And, if I can ‘transfer’ my rank from OP to usual with less perks, that would be really awesome, Danny.

Again, this might trigger me to play again here! :)

EDIT 1: If the new Skyblock is without hard lagg, without duping, without glitching (what is kinda impossible though), but with less bugs than OP Skyblock, this will be a new world for the Skyblock fans.

• Agree Agree x 1
  10. SimonDeGamer

SimonDeGamer New Member

Remove afk pool

• Disagree Disagree x 2
  11. subdomain

subdomain Active Member

I would say that the second server should be less OP because having tons and tons of spawners and tons of blocks would just cause it to have the same fate as the first server. I also agree with having the ranks sync with the second server with nerfed features, mainly because it would drive people from the first server to the second server AND more people would buy the ranks as it would be more beneficial having it for two servers instead of just one.

I agree, more rules should be enforced for people who go AFK as it not only affects the server but it affects the economy as well, this is especially important for Skyblock.

Higher IG spawner prices maybe? I don't know how easy it is to get them right now; but I assume it's quite easy if you get 100 in one or two months.

I assume the shop prices would increase and the ore generation in cobble gens would decrease to tie in with the less OP nature of the server.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  12. ItsMaussim_

ItsMaussim_ Member

Okay a Second skyblock i dont know i dont play skyblock but i think it is a good idea for making 1 Normal/OP skyblock so thats the easy skyblock that people in 1/2 Months (if you noliving the game) can have
    And 2
    A Hardcore/Normal skyblock where people have to nolive like 5/6 Months fpr having every thing
    And than by the nnormal/Op Skyblock you can use the OPCobble farms and with Hardcore/Normal
    Only cobble in a cobble generator
    And by hardcore no spawners no fly and that things

• Agree Agree x 1
  13. ItsMattyy

ItsMattyy Active Member

No point, because people with ranks don't get afk kicked.

14. KariKittyx

KariKittyx Admin
    Staff Member Admin

You don't need to completely kill ore gen in cobble gens unless you're going for completely vanilla, which would also mean removing the shop and such, basically any means to get anything you can't get normally. Not sure if you can tie in Mining Level (MCMMO) or possibly blocks mined to unlock new "tiers" of the ore gen?
    Again, ofc the no spawners etc would be super vanilla. I think we need to find a balance between OP and Vanilla without breaking too many hearts.

• Agree Agree x 3
  15. fergydanny

fergydanny Owner
    Staff Member Owner

Agree, the second skyblock would just be less op than the first, more grinding, less op things. Definitely will not be vanilla. The goal would be to have a decent but not overwhelming gap between how fast you progress in either

• Like Like x 2
  16. Vile_Moon

Vile_Moon Head Admin
    Staff Member Head Admin

Bring back PrisonV1.

• Winner Winner x 12
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 1
  17. Shopz

Shopz Well-Known Member

yeah fr when’s the next prison coming out? Soon I hope..

18. SumsOfAnarchy

SumsOfAnarchy New Member

As I missed the poll, I just wanted to add my two cents. A less OP skyblock would be pretty cool. Where there is reason to complete challenges.. But to that end, the thing that caused me to fall in love with Momento was its unique take on skyblock.

Without typing up a short novel for everyone I will just say that, a more classic skyblock feel, but keep the hopper mod that made hoppers so fantastic. As was mentioned before and more eloquently than I could muster. In my opinion, the issue is not really about having a less OP server, but finding a way to encourage people to not build giant lag machines. ((cactus farm megaliths and the like.) Furthermore it feels like more or less the spawners are the one truly overpowered aspect of the current skyblock.)

19. xConway_

xConway_ Formerly known as dadway

Not happening due to the fact that the current skyblock is already OP enough and getting even more OP would break the server.

20. jannickgames16

jannickgames16 New Member

Jaa doe 2e sb lijkt me super tof

• Dumb Dumb x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  • About Us

We are Momento Network. From Creative to Factions, Prison and Skyblock, Momento represents some of the more popular ways to play Minecraft with friends! Since 2014, with only Prison, Momento has continued to grow and expand in new ways. Come give us a try and see what all the hype is about!
  • Support the server!

Help support the server! Enjoying your time on Momento? Want to help contribute to hosting costs? All contributions go towards bettering the server and maintaining a stable host. Click below to get more information about contribute today!

Contribute!