Join the Official Discord Server for the opportunity to parttake in events, giveaways and more!

Skyblock Reset (V9)

_Cura18

Formerly known as _Cura17
Reactions
Danny I think you did a great job with this reset. But I have a tip for you, maybe if you gave prizes to the top 3 of skyblock, more people would come and play. :)

Knucky

Reactions
this is asked one time before _cura

Liezexo

Admin
Staff member
Admin
Reactions
Danny I think you did a great job with this reset. But I have a tip for you, maybe if you gave prizes to the top 3 of skyblock, more people would come and play. :)
If we handed out prizes for our is top, our prestiges wouldn't have any purpose. We added the prestiges to make it so that not everything is about the "is top", you get rewards for prestige-ing you island and honestly it's good the way it is like that.

Reactions
I haven't been on the server for months now, i may end up looking and building in Skyblock again. :)

Knucky

Reactions
We will see you there :D

Reactions
Banned #26
Envoys have been added, YAY! Good new features Danny :)

Reactions
I have a question about the following:

Spawner limit: You will still only be able to place 15 spawners on your island but like before you can stack those 15 spawners by placing spawners of the same type on them or near them. In the past version you could only stack up to 100 spawners of the same type, in this version it will be infinite, meaning that you go from a total limit of 1500 spawners/island to infinite.
Does this mean that we can place 15 different types of spawners and that we can have 100k IGS again? Isn't that making the game OP again? Ahwell, in a few hours i can see for myself. :D

Reactions

Hey guys, I know most of you have already been speculating about this but its now official, skyblock is resetting! Over the past couple of weeks we have been working on crafting your next skyblock experience! See the rest of the thread for the rest of the information!

The reset will release this friday the 23 November (Black Friday). Omega donors will be able to log on for their pre-access at 1pm EST and the public release will be at 4pm EST.

New Spawn

(Comes with a new "easy" island and nether island that you will see in-game)

Economy balancing: We've slightly altered the economy so that its a little less "op" and so your experience can last longer.

Island Level balancing: The island levels gained from placing certain blocks have been modified to be more fitting.

Server version: We've mode the server version back to 1.8.9 mainly for performance reasons but also because skyblock did not really use any of the new 1.12 blocks/items. Don't worry it still supports logging and and playing in any new version.

Added prestiging (/prestige): While this is still in early stages (we want your feedback), we have added a feature that allows you to sacrifice your current island, aka reset it in exchange for certain special rewards and bragging rights. These island prestiges only credit the island owners and are unlocked by reaching a certain island level. Includes a chat prefix and a top 10 hologram at spawn.

Added timed envoys: Every 4 hours, 20 drops will spawn at /warp pvp and they will contain crate keys and money. A fun little reward for those brave enough to attend!

New stacking system: I do hope this new system holds up because if it does, it means tremendous performance improvements for the foreseeable future! We've added a new stacking system that allows mobs, spawners, item drops and certain blocks to stack. This system allows infinite stacking, its pretty sweet and you will see most of it in-game but here are a few features (excluding mob and spawner stacking, because you already know how those work).

- Drop stacking:

- Block stacking:

To stack a block simply right click an already placed one with a new block. They count on /is top so this allows you to build up your island level without having to spam place the blocks all around your island, giving you more space to build more meaningful stuff!
(Currently set to work with these blocks)

Removed crop hoppers: Cactus will no longer instantly go into your hoppers, this was removed because a lot of you did not like that behavior and with the new stacking system we should be able to afford the cactus spam performance wise since stacked items work perfectly with hoppers.

New island top: the /is top GUI has been refactored and it now lets you click on an island and see a breakdown of how many of each valuable blocks/spawners they have on their island!

Removed Quests: The current questing system is fairly broken and we've decided to remove it for the reset. I'm not quite sure questing is relevant as most only did the monthly one and then forgot about it, if they return in the future they will be made more engaging.

Top 10 island hologram: We've added this to give users in the top 10 extra bragging rights!

Fixed Island fly: In the current version, island fly is very "janky" and doesn't seem to work consistently for our users so I've coded a fix, it should now allow anyone that visits the island to fly if the owner has island fly and has logged on at least once since the auto restart.

Spawner limit: You will still only be able to place 15 spawners on your island but like before you can stack those 15 spawners by placing spawners of the same type on them or near them. In the past version you could only stack up to 100 spawners of the same type, in this version it will be infinite, meaning that you go from a total limit of 1500 spawners/island to infinite.

Removed pumpkins, cactus and sand from crates: We've removed those because we agree that buying a key and getting those instead of the other drops is "tuff".

Added our /money and /balance system: Formats /balance and lets you see the formatted value of an amount of money before buying/selling something by doing something like /money 1000000 (will show as 1M)

Added island borders: These are vanilla like borders around every island, they make it easy to see your limit from the start.

i wanna buy something on your shop but paypal says that i cant do it what i have to do

fergydanny

Owner
Staff member
Owner
Reactions
Thread starter #29
i wanna buy something on your shop but paypal says that i cant do it what i have to do
Not sure, our shop is fine so you need to figure out whats wrong on your side.

xConway_

Formerly known as dadway
Reactions
Looks pretty good so far, good job.

Devouching

Formerly known as xDevouch_
Reactions
So far I've had a lot of fun, so maybe I'll actually play Skyblock this version..