• Skyblock V8

Status
    Not open for further replies.

exphire

Retired
    Skyblock V8
    Release Date - Wednesday, June 20th 3PM Eastern Time

Information

In the current version of Skyblock it was made very apparent how easy it was to get spawners and it got to a point where people quite literally just afked, bought more spawners, and afked again. That is obviously not how we want the gamemode to be played so we've changed multiple things to effect how easy it was to get the spawners. It might seem a little early to reset the server but a lot of people have gotten to a point where it isn't fun to play anymore and wanted a reset.

Crates
    - Tweaked the amount and what kind of spawners were given out of crates.
    - Removed Ice, Packed Ice, and Seeds from crates because they were very niche items that most people didn't want out of the crate
    - Added an extra McMMO reward to each crate to balance out the removal of said items
    - New Sword & Armor set in Exospheric & Thermospheric crates!
    - Balance changes to Money and McMMO Credits

Spawners
    - 15 Spawner stack limit per island
    - Spawners stack to 100 each (In theory, 1500 spawners per island)
    - Spawner prices increased with the exception of peaceful mobs

Quests
    - Added a tropospheric key to each daily quest reward to entice people to do them more!
    - Increased the amount of money received for completing each daily quest (up to $5,000 for each except for "Richie's" which gives $7,500)
    - Removed Rocky and his quest as it caused some issues and was not really an exciting quest to do
    - New monthly quest for the last part of the month
    - Added a hologram above each daily and monthly quest so that people know that they can do them daily/monthly.

Sell Blocks
    - Sell Blocks have been changed from Sea Lanterns to Soul Sand to hopefully prevent the glitch where you would sometimes not get your sell block back after placing it

We're looking forward to this version of Skyblock and we hope you all are as well!

Last edited:

xConway_

Formerly known as dadway
    Ok, cool. Didn't see this coming so soon but I will make sure to play on this a little bit.

1uq

Formerly known as 1stMarin
    ooo looks spicy, man cannot wait

DensityChild

A RKO outta nowhere am I right? Anyways, I'm not the biggest fan of skyblock but may give this one a try. Thanks for the great work guys!

I just started a few weeks ago, and I'm already at the point of AFKing that you described. I like the changes and am excited to start off on equal footing as everyone else, especially as a new player!

MaketBoss

Yaaas :D
    I am confused with the 15 Spawner stack limit. What happens after that when we place spawners? Can we not place more than 1,500 spawners or do the spawners stop stacking?

Yaaas :D
    I am confused with the 15 Spawner stack limit. What happens after that when we place spawners? Can we not place more than 1,500 spawners or do the spawners stop stacking?
    My understanding of the situation is that every spawner stacks up to 100, and you can have up to 15 of those stacks. After that, you won't be able to place any more spawners, probably similar to how you can't place more than 64 hoppers.

MaketBoss

My understanding of the situation is that every spawner stacks up to 100, and you can have up to 15 of those stacks. After that, you won't be able to place any more spawners, probably similar to how you can't place more than 64 hoppers.
    This is gonna make it really hard for large teams. We have around 15 people now so each can only have 100 spawners?

This is gonna make it really hard for large teams. We have around 15 people now so each can only have 100 spawners?
    You have a good point... I usually play solo, so I didn't think about that. Maybe the admins already have a solution for it? @exphire

exphire

Retired
    We'll be monitoring how fast people get spawners in this version and if the limit needs to be raised at some point it will be but it should take a good while before getting to that point.

MaketBoss

We'll be monitoring how fast people get spawners in this version and if the limit needs to be raised at some point it will be but it should take a good while before getting to that point.
    I would suggest removing the limit and stackable feature. In this way a person can only AFK Max of 30 spawners at once. Stackable spawners have always bought lag.

I am looking forward to this reset. I am one of the afk'ers and i must say, getting to 1000 spawners was a matter of a weeks work after starting for the first time. Now i have 26k of them and in this rate i would fill up my second IGS-spot in about 3 days from now wich sets me up its designed max of 35.000 spawners.

With more and more players reach these amounts the server started to suffer. :p

I hope the spawnerlimit gets raised over time, we'll see because i like to be rich and make money fast and i like to give away money to other players. :p

stuktv

Formerly known as gjaltenma
    why max 1500 spawners per island thats useless many people come online with multiply alts on multiply islands

One more thing, diamond-blocks have the same is-value as the gold-blocks but there is a big difference in the amount of money they cost. The diamond-block needs to get a higher value because of the difference in price. :)

Expired_420

Formerly known as _Impression_
    This reset seems to be an interesting one with some improvements, though I only have a problem with the max limit for Spawners per island. As MaketBoss said and stuktv, if there are multiple amounts of people added to an Island, we won't be earning as much money. Even though it's harder to get spawners in V8, there won't be an issue at the beginning of the reset I am guessing, however on our team there are 9 players added, and so the limit would be reached pretty soon for us. I don't how it will go, but I don't think spawner limit is mandatory.

It's nice that it's resetting cause it was like afk get igs afk like that. So i hope that that won't be the case in this V, But i think that it needs to be per person like 2K if you are with more people on a island you all have a limit to place 2K spawners instead that you are with 3 people on a island and every person only has 500 spawners :/ . I hope the VG will be fun and I hope to see you all in Skyblock!

stuktv

Formerly known as gjaltenma
    maybe an idea to add more spawners as emeraldghast spawners

Status
    Not open for further replies.