• IP Copied!
    Click to Copy IP
  • Join our Discord
  • Staff pay incentive

fergydanny

Owner
    Staff member
    Owner
    Hi guys, as an attempt to get more attention and applications towards the staff team and to reward our current staff members, we have decided to start paying staff weekly in MM (Momento Money). The payouts are every Friday and will vary depending on how many hours you put into your duties. Here are the current rates:

Looking forward to your applications :)

Xezza

Formerly known as xCustomly_2
    Staff member
    Helper
    Yay

Now i don't want to apply for staff anymore, because i dont want to look greedy. :/

DensityChild

I’m going to share my opinion on this implementation and why I personally think it is a bad idea. I respect what staff do and obviously Momento or any Minecraft server would be dis functional without them but adding a prize like money to be staff will only end up in drama and a corrupt team. When you add an incentive like Momento Money to staff members it influences players to apply for staff solely for the money rather than actually applying to help the server. Players who only are on the team to make money don’t give half a toss about the players or the community and are only after obtaining next week’s ‘payroll.’ Now obviously I know that the higher staff has already considered what I just said which means that they are really in need for staff members but all I can do is propose a counter solution. Currently, there isn’t much advertisement in-game about being a staff member besides that occasional chat message that everyone filters out anyways. Maybe just get Admins to confront players that are positive in-game and suggest them to apply for staff. When told by an Admin that they have potential to be a staff, you’d be surprised how many people would apply. Also, try to loosen up the criteria for accepting people. Instead of seeking out the perfect application and perfect candidate for the job, give people a shot who may not be the most qualified. If they don’t do a job then clearly they aren’t fit but there is no harm in giving them a chance. To conclude, I respect the server so much that I think it would suck for something like paying staff to be implemented and I plea that this be further considered.

fergydanny

Owner
    Staff member
    Owner
    I’m going to share my opinion on this implementation and why I personally think it is a bad idea. I respect what staff do and obviously Momento or any Minecraft server would be dis functional without them but adding a prize like money to be staff will only end up in drama and a corrupt team. When you add an incentive like Momento Money to staff members it influences players to apply for staff solely for the money rather than actually applying to help the server. Players who only are on the team to make money don’t give half a toss about the players or the community and are only after obtaining next week’s ‘payroll.’ Now obviously I know that the higher staff has already considered what I just said which means that they are really in need for staff members but all I can do is propose a counter solution. Currently, there isn’t much advertisement in-game about being a staff member besides that occasional chat message that everyone filters out anyways. Maybe just get Admins to confront players that are positive in-game and suggest them to apply for staff. When told by an Admin that they have potential to be a staff, you’d be surprised how many people would apply. Also, try to loosen up the criteria for accepting people. Instead of seeking out the perfect application and perfect candidate for the job, give people a shot who may not be the most qualified. If they don’t do a job then clearly they aren’t fit but there is no harm in giving them a chance. To conclude, I respect the server so much that I think it would suck for something like paying staff to be implemented and I plea that this be further considered.
    If they don't perform well enough or we see that they dont care about the players, they will simply get demoted. This isnt just a hey we need to hire new staff and wont look at how they do. I think its kind of a nice bonus for those contributing hours of their weeks keeping the peace. Also since its by playtime/general performance rather than quotas, I dont see how we'll get a corrupt team?

Mabye you can change this sometimes. Because Moderators could be working harder than a sr.mod. This is just a example.

DaddyBean

Admin
    Staff member
    Admin

All of these concerns you have expressed have been already well thought out by the higher-ups. This is not just something we decided to do one day, this took months of planning. It's still the same as any other time, under performing staff members get demoted point blank. As far as having admins scope out staff. That as well is not a new concept, there have been several members that have joined the staff team (and some that are even currently on the staff team) that I have personally contacted and encouraged them to apply. It sometimes works out, it sometimes does not. Your statement about loosening up the requirements has also been implemented long ago due to the fact of our ever growing dutch community and their inability to form and express sentences in English. I think you have taken your past knowledge on staff and have tried to apply it to the way we currently do things, and let me just tell you, things are not the same. We do however thank you for your questions, comments, and concerns, and we'll be monitoring this new program we have rolled out closely. As we always have.

Last edited: