Join the Official Discord Server for the opportunity to parttake in events, giveaways and more!

Towny ~Suggestion~/xpbottle~Towny~

Ranger_23

Reactions
Thread starter #1
0E243880-5B4C-4A24-A830-D95A2925D88C.png

* Towny Suggestion 2 *
BB60FC6B-BEBF-423F-A672-4683EC91EC97.png

^-^Introduction^-^

Hey everyone! I’m glad to see you reading another one of my posts :)
Today, I want to talk about a possible command I’d love to see in towny!

/xpbottle (amount)

It’s probably obvious what that it does, but I’ll explain it anyway.

^-^Suggestion^-^

So, /xpbottle could be used in 2 ways-
1. /xpbottle 60 would give you an xp bottle with 60 levels.
2. /xpbottle 60 would give you an xp bottle with 60 experience points.

I think method 1 would ben hard to implement due to Minecraft’s weird exp leveling system.

^-^Reason^-^
When mining, I use a Blast 3 eff 5 ub 3 mending Silk Touch pick. A mouthful, I know.
The problem with it is that Blast 3 drains my durability very quickly. Every 7 mins (approx.) I have to go to a grinder and bring it back to full. This is a bit of a tedious process.
/xpbottle would such solve this as I could grind for a while then get some xpbottles to bring with me.
You could also sell them for CEs.
Method 2 would work well here as people could calculate exactly how much xp they need to repair their items.

^-^Outro^-^
Thank you all for reading! I hope staff take this into consideration.
Bye!
Ranger-23

B4FA50A8-B242-45D8-899E-A9721BFB1F59.png

Reactions
This is a great idea and I would love to see this on skyblock too because many new people dont know about farms such as /is warp 1 and need xp, and with this we could sell xp on /ah and make a profit off of it. This would be nice to see in the game and I think exp points would be better than levels in this scenario

Ranger_23

Reactions
Thread starter #3
Thank you for compliments! I must admit, profit off new people wasn’t the first thing that came to mind when writing this but I’m sure it’s the way of the trade on Skyblock ;)

We want /ah in Towny!

Reactions
That's just the first thing I thought of. Others reasons could be if I was short by xp, someone could help me out by donating idk just throwing out reasons it would be good.

Ranger_23

Reactions
Thread starter #5
I get you! ^-^

DaddyBean

Helper
Staff member
Helper
Reactions
Couldn't you just repair your pickaxe on an iron block? Mending is pretty much a useless enchant on B3 because of its destroy rate . I suggest adding MCMMO credits to repair and carry an iron block.

Ranger_23

Reactions
Thread starter #7
Couldn't you just repair your pickaxe on an iron block? Mending is pretty much a useless enchant on B3 because of its destroy rate . I suggest adding MCMMO credits to repair and carry an iron block.
I get you, but getting the sheer amount of credits to get your repair to like 1500 for max rates takes a LONG time.
From my knowledge you have Emperor rank, so you have max repair. /xpbottle may not work amazingly for you but for new people/ ftp people this will be really helpful.

DaddyBean

Helper
Staff member
Helper
Reactions
I don't have any rank on towny, Surprisingly. But if you ever see me online. Feel free to ask me to repair it for you.

Reactions
tHiS sOuNdS lIkE a GrEaT iDeA AnD will also solve the problem of being unable to trade xp.

Ranger_23

Reactions
Thread starter #10
Reactions
Pulling up what daddy said, even with a high repair level unless its max there is no guarantee that you wont lose your enchants on your pick, Furthermore when using the iron block you expend resources. The command would be a good addition to use with the mending picks because it would enable players that maybe don't have a lot of resources to be able to repair the one good pick they have even If they don't have a high repair level. Another point you bring up is destroy rates, with the dusts in the game you can lower the destroy rate and you can raise the success rate so that its guaranteed that you get that enchant. The command would be a good addition to the server in general in my opinion and wouldn't affect anyone negatively. Another point that's touched is the selling of exp, for someone like myself who never looses exp on death it would be a good way for me to be able to sell off my unwanted exp for a little profit on my end, this would benefit all players because those who don't want to grind for ages to get levels can just buy them from the other players on the server who are looking to make a little cash. This would also benefit new players in the economy because they would be able to work on getting come CE earlier into the game because of how much easier the exp would be to get. This is just my opinion on the command and I hope its implemented.

Edit: I know this is a late reply but I hope its still relevant on the subject

Ranger_23

Reactions
Thread starter #12
Pulling up what daddy said, even with a high repair level unless its max there is no guarantee that you wont lose your enchants on your pick, Furthermore when using the iron block you expend resources. The command would be a good addition to use with the mending picks because it would enable players that maybe don't have a lot of resources to be able to repair the one good pick they have even If they don't have a high repair level. Another point you bring up is destroy rates, with the dusts in the game you can lower the destroy rate and you can raise the success rate so that its guaranteed that you get that enchant. The command would be a good addition to the server in general in my opinion and wouldn't affect anyone negatively. Another point that's touched is the selling of exp, for someone like myself who never looses exp on death it would be a good way for me to be able to sell off my unwanted exp for a little profit on my end, this would benefit all players because those who don't want to grind for ages to get levels can just buy them from the other players on the server who are looking to make a little cash. This would also benefit new players in the economy because they would be able to work on getting come CE earlier into the game because of how much easier the exp would be to get. This is just my opinion on the command and I hope its implemented.

Edit: I know this is a late reply but I hope its still relevant on the subject

I agree that the command would work two ways-
Older people- selling
Newer people- buying
It’d be a great way to introduce them to CEs.
Thanks for the reply! I hope it’s not too late, as no staff has fully rejected the idea yet

Reactions
This sounds like a cool idea for the server. The idea of being able to buy/sell XP would, i think, bring a whole new kind of market to Towny. I'm not quite sure of how they would actually add this though; I've never heard of this sort of plugin (maybe because I only play on Momento?) but if there is one, it would be a useful one to add.

As a couple others have mentioned, it seems like a great way to introduce newer players to CEs. I know when I first played here, CEs were unfamiliar to me and I was very confused on how people were breaking multiple blocks at once or why on earth 4 iron golems just randomly spawned out of someone's face.. :p Having the ability to get CEs earlier on would definitely speed up the learning process, at least.