Towny is resetting!

Discussion in 'News & Announcements' started by MamaBeau, Jul 25, 2018.

1. MamaBeau

MamaBeau Manager
    Staff Member Manager Admin

You heard right!
    Towny is finally resetting!
    Join us for the first reset ever for towny!

As a network we care about your experience on our servers, so we want to ask YOU, what does towny need? What would you like to see on towny?

Please leave us a comment bellow, and we will consider each suggestion!

• <3 <3 x 1
  2. LucyTheTrex

LucyTheTrex New Member

I think that some earnable ranks that use some sort of stat or multiple other stats besides ad balance would be a great addition to towny. Maybe ranks that you can get after a certain mcmmo level, certain involvement in the community forums, certain job levels, and build points, which are something that my friend Wisbadger is going to post about. You could apply for these ranks using the forums.

3. WisBadger

WisBadger New Member

In another server I played on, they had these things called build points where you could submit a build on the forums and the staff would grade it and award a certain amount of build points. These build points could earn ranks such as Builder, Architect, and other things that had more homes and kits and stuff. This server doesn't have earnable ranks, but I think it would be cool of they did.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • <3 <3 x 1
  4. _NoSkillJustHax

_NoSkillJustHax New Member

Needs a better way of buying and selling your items. Maybe the auction house plugin would be useful. Currently the mall warp is abandoned maybe a plug-in that allows you to do /shop and you could buy/sell blocks. The only problem with this is that the community i feel would be less intergratrd because you are just selling to the server instead of people. One final thing that would be nice but not might not be able to be done as how glitchy it currently is is adding the 1.13 update into the game so there are more resources for us to buy and sell and use. These are just my current two cents on what could be down with towny hope the towny reset goes well

-NoSkillJustHax

5. oyamakun

oyamakun New Member

I just want to know why its resetting. Me and my friends just started working on our town 3 days ago, but now its resetting and now all our hard work will be erased. But if I were to give some suggestions they would be

- a shop ran by the server would be nice.

and thats it.

6. Germiknight

Staff Member Mod

Well towny has been up for a bit and they thought a reset would for one draw more attention to it and also fix some bugs.

7. DensityChild

DensityChild Helper
    Staff Member Helper

My personal advice would to have a better sort of economy system on Towny. This would involve creating a ./warp shop rather than one you can access through command where you can sell things like blaze rods etc. and have a point to spawners, obviously the sell price would be low but would make a point in spawners. Also making a ./t top with all the top towny balances and blocks within the claimed land would contribute to. I completely see how this can be perceived as some sort of Factions replica but I really do believe it would help the server grow as it gives something to compete for, when you look at the popular gamemodes on Momento, Prison and Skyblock, both have something you work towards which is either ./is top or ./baltop. It creates competition which gives the gamemode life and keeps players online. It would also remain independent from factions because obviously there is no raiding and insiding/griefing is punishable. You could also increase the amount of money jobs gives so there is still a point in doing the job feature. Carrying on, a much better market place in my eyes and many other players' eyes is needed. This would mean potentially creating a bigger area where you can rent stalls for longer periods of times for cheaper with a bigger area. Finally, allowing killing monsters from spawners to count towards the achievement would also be better.

• Like Like x 5
  8. tripleAr

tripleAr New Member

Yay, I can now play Towny since I wont be far behind :)

9. AthenaRosed

AthenaRosed New Member

I agree with all that has been said previously. The towny does need some sort of shop, but only to get the ball rolling. The server should make the store pretty expensive as to establish an economy. This way players would be more drawn to trading with other players rather than the server itself. The issue right now is that there is no competition between stores. Competition runs a relatively capitalist economy. That way each person has something to strive for.

I also enjoy the idea of buildpoints. I think it would be a fun way to help build (pun intended) a great bond between staff and players. It also challenges your users to be more creative and make their town the best it can be.

Finally, I think that adding kits would be a good idea. Getting started can be hard sometimes and players are more inclined to stay on the server when they get off to a good start. Maybe have a starter kit? or a food kit? or even a small kit for each job.

Overall, I'm extremely excited for this reset even if it means my town goes away. A fresh start is always nice and this should solve most problems with the 1.13 update. It makes sense because the new blocks, mobs, etc. can't be implemented in the game if the chunks are already loaded without them. Good luck with the reset and I hope to hear more about the great things coming to towny.

-Athena Rosed

• Like Like x 2
  10. MamaBeau

MamaBeau Manager

Just to make this clear.

Sadly the new server would NOT be 1.13, as the makers of Minecraft have changed all of the item IDS for blocks. This means all of the plugins we use/other servers use are out dated and could not run. It will be Months if not Years before these plugins update to 1.13.

The reset to towny would find itself in 1.12.2 at the latest. I wish more than anything we could do 1.13 because its such an amazing update, there is just not possible way we could do it.

• Agree Agree x 1
  11. AthenaRosed

AthenaRosed New Member

That's unfortunate, but I totally understand. When is the reset happening? Do you know?

12. ItsMattyy

ItsMattyy Active Member

i've changed my mind, I've seen some comments below and they are way better. Look at Kari's suggestion to see what I want, she pretty much listed the best possible suggestions.

#12 ItsMattyy, Jul 25, 2018
    Last edited: Jul 26, 2018
  13. KariKittyx

KariKittyx Formerly known as ShadowNoEar
    Staff Member Admin

My dreams have come true, this is a great announcement! I'll be adding my suggestions as they come to me.

• Like most people said some better way of dealing with shops would be amazing, however, I feel like the /shop plugin takes away a vital part of the Towny experience, that being teamwork and trading. Saying this, we could really use a revamp of the Mall and how it functions. The current one is way too long to walk and is hardly in use. The prices could also be adjusted for purchase, although I'm not sure how this would affect economy early game.
    • I’ve heard it suggested a lot a while ago but a PVP arena would be a nice addition. As Towny has no PVP, a set arena where people could fight it out would be nice as a side option for when players are in need of blowing off steam or to settle a bet. Shameless self-promotion of a PVP Arena I built. Also, there have been past suggestions of this here.
    • "Fixed" friendly mob spawns, not sure the issue but there's basically no spawns.
    • Mob head drops (For banners, decoration etc).
    • Larger map.
    • Higher mineshaft spawn rate could go hand in hand with a larger map.
    • Personally, as a donator on the Towny server, Silk Touch is a lifeline for spawner making. However, I'd love to see Silk touching spawners for everyone, not just donor ranks. If not, a warning for when players are trying to break spawners that they need Silk Touch or the spawner will break.
    • New Jobs. Examples would be Cook (Could be leveled by smelting items), Builder (Leveled by placing blocks) and Rancher/Tamer (Leveled by taming animals, milking cows, breeding animals, shearing sheep and dying sheep?) and Spellbinder/Enchanter (Enchanting items).
    • Kits, I know, original but hear me out. When I first started playing, I had no idea what to do and no way of starting myself off. These kits do not need to be OP or pay to win, just something small to start players off like some cobble, iron pick etc as a starter. Donators could get a better one, but as of right now I don't see this as extremely useful as most people who donate do so after getting set up.
    • Another thing that has been suggested a lot before, /fly in your own town. It would help immensely with building. I don't see the need to make this donator only, but it could be.
    • Not sure how to put this into effect, but a better way to combat griefing. The staff could have more perms to force teleport to players, or to certain XYZ/town (which would be given through reports). I understand this seems a bit excessive, but sometimes if there is no higher staff available it could take a while for griefers to get dealt with.
    • Another griefing one. I would love stricter punishments for griefing. People put in so much hard work, only to have it destroyed by people who are only there to cause issues.
    • Warps to the Nether and the End, not exactly needed for the Nether but the End portal is so easily destroyed it ruins a part of normal gameplay.
    • The crates would be so much better if they were as fast on Prison. Would also be nice to review the items in the crates, they are lacking.
    • I'd love the Towny commands, the NPC's and the popups to be reviewed. As I said in a reply to Frost, for example, there is no way to know how much a Town costs to make until after it's taken the money. There is also no way to know how much you need to create a Nation, I'm assuming until after you make one though I've never gotten that far. Another example is as of right now one of the NPC's at spawn shows that we can use the /kit command, although there are no kits and we have no permissions for the command. This is why I'd also love some kits.

Like I said, I'll be adding more as they come. Excited for reset! <3

#13 KariKittyx, Jul 26, 2018
    Last edited: Jul 27, 2018
    • Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • <3 <3 x 1
  14. Liezexo

Liezexo Formerly known as Waltt
    Staff Member Helper

I could not agree more with this, /fly (in your town) would be the biggest help ever, donator or not, it is needed for builders. In the current version of towny I built an immense castle and it took me ages because I didn’t have fly, I kept falling from the top, almost dying everytime and then having to build all the way up again.
    In addition to that I also agree with the jobs, besides building I don’t really do all that much, I go mining and chop some trees but mostly build so seeing that added would be amazing.
    I seriously couldn’t agree more with everything suggested above.

EDIT: I’d also love to see build points integrated, I’d love to be able to earn a builder/Architect rank, that’d be super awesome.
    Man I’m loving all that I see already, I’m so stoked for the reset, can’t wait!

#14 Liezexo, Jul 26, 2018
    Last edited: Jul 26, 2018
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • <3 <3 x 1
  15. Expired_420

Expired_420 Formerly known as _Impression_

I guess Kitty already announced probably everything I wanted to suggest, so I definitely agree with her suggestion. Other than that, as many others said above I'd love to see some kind of ranking system used by earning either mcmmo or simply the economy in-game. Basically having a chain of ranks within which you can upgrade using mcmmo or the money you have earned in-game. That'd be a great addition since many default players join towny and I am sure they would want to have ranks earned by hard work.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • <3 <3 x 1
  16. FrostFate

FrostFate New Member

Hello! I've been using this server for around 3 weeks I'd say and I would recommend a few things:
    -Make town commands more clear. I have learned most of the vital information about creating and managing a town through other players as opposed to the actual help menu. Plots were especially confusing as I have never used a towny server before, and also the ranks that you can give people in your town (helper, VIP, etc.) are very vague in what they actually do.
    -Allow the town board message to be a bit longer, its not very noticeable also and you cant fit much information on it currently.
    -The mall/shop could use some improving. Currently money doesn't have much of a purpose and that ruins the idea of jobs/trading items for money a little bit.
    -A town trading system would be really cool!! Something that would allow towns who are in nations together (or something similar) to trade easily would be wonderful.
    -Also while this relates to the website and not the server, it would be really nice to know what the different ranks do that you can buy off of the website. Right now I can't find out what perks are included aside from a title.
    That's all that I have for now! I'm really excited to see what gets changed in the future <3

17. KariKittyx

KariKittyx Formerly known as ShadowNoEar
    Staff Member Admin

This is also all very good. The commands and the pop-ups are confusing, and there should be more explanations concerning them and their requirements. An example would be that it should tell you BEFOREHAND that you need $250 to create a Town, and I can't find anywhere to find the price for a Nation as it doesn't even tell us after we cannot afford it.
    I believe Towny has the /trade command though, but don't hold me to this.
    As for the ranks and their perks, if you go onto the store and click "buy" on the rank you want to look into it will give a pop up of the perks before you finalize adding it to your cart or gifting it. Click

• Informative Informative x 1
  18. FrostFate

FrostFate New Member

Hello! I've been using this server for around 3 weeks I'd say and I would recommend a few things:
    -Make town commands more clear. I have learned most of the vital information about creating and managing a town through other players as opposed to the actual help menu. Plots were especially confusing as I have never used a towny server before, and also the ranks that you can give people in your town (helper, VIP, etc.) are very vague in what they actually do.
    -Allow the town board message to be a bit longer, its not very noticeable also and you cant fit much information on it currently.
    -The mall/shop could use some improving. Currently money doesn't have much of a purpose and that ruins the idea of jobs/trading items for money a little bit.
    -A town trading system would be really cool!! Something that would allow towns who are in nations together (or something similar) to trade easily would be wonderful.
    -Also while this relates to the website and not the server, it would be really nice to know what the different ranks do that you can buy off of the website. Right now I can't find out what perks are included aside from a title.
    That's all that I have for now! I'm really excited to see what gets changed in the future <3
    tysm for showing me how to see the perks that is very helpful <3 and I know about the trade command but I was thinking about more of a town oriented trade system instead of a player one :) so two towns could trade with each other instead of two players (if that makes any sense??)
    thanks again!! <3

19. MamaBeau

MamaBeau Manager

For the ranks on the site all you do it click "Buy" and it will show you what comes with the ranks!

20. poppybear699

poppybear699 Member

As I've never really played towny before, I was confused on what to do, I really hope there is an introduction or a command to read a paragraph explaining what to do and how it works...

*does this already exist?

• About Us

We are Momento Network. From Creative to Factions, Prison and Skyblock, Momento represents some of the more popular ways to play Minecraft with friends! Since 2014, with only Prison, Momento has continued to grow and expand in new ways. Come give us a try and see what all the hype is about!
  • Support the server!

Help support the server! Enjoying your time on Momento? Want to help contribute to hosting costs? All contributions go towards bettering the server and maintaining a stable host. Click below to get more information about contribute today!

Contribute!