• IP Copied!
    Click to Copy IP
  • Join our Discord
  • Towny is resetting!

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Liezexo

Retired
    As I've never really played towny before, I was confused on what to do, I really hope there is an introduction or a command to read a paragraph explaining what to do and how it works...

*does this already exist?
    I made one yesterday, feel free to check it out, think it might help, click here.

MY SUGGESTIONS
    Even though many good things, basically as good as everything, have been suggested above. I’d like to add to it a bit though. Don’t shoot me if I repeat some stuff.

To start off I’d like to point out that a couple of commands don’t even work, if you try to type a normal command with ‘/town’ from the ‘/tgui town’ menu, then it just gives you an error like “that town isn’t registered” or at least something similar to that. I’d like to be able to type out all those commands instead of using the /tgui menu, I’m not implying that it should be removed since I sometimes do need it to remember certain things (the menu), I’m simply stating that I’d like to be able to execute the commands within it without having to use the menu all the time (I’ll provide a list of some of those commands).

Another important command that should be fixed is: /town buy bonus [amount]
    I’ve heard many people asking how they can expand their town aka get more townblocks, but once they hear that they need more residents they’re like “oh, crap.”
    The command allows you to buy more townblocks for a certain price, usually 25$ (I suppose it gets withdrawn from the townbank), instead of needing more residents to get townblocks.
    It’s honestly a very strange thing because the command kind of works, but not entirely? As soon as you add the amount to it, it doesn’t do anything, nothing pops up.
    Because what if you want to expand your town but can’t find anyone who wants to join your town anymore? Then you’re just stuck, which is a pain.

Also, I’d love to know more about outposts, I mean, I get their point and what they do I just don’t know how to get them. I tried to teleport to the wild and do “/town set outpost” but it didn’t work, either it told me there wasn’t an outpost or that that town wasn’t registered, I don’t remember I just know it didn’t make much sense to me. I’d love to see those commands explained more, I’ve tried so in the guide I recently uploaded but with limited information and not knowing every little thing the server set these things to or if things like Bail are enabled, which apparently it is not? (this whole jail thing just confuses me) I can’t explain those things in-depth. I did a whole afternoon of research to figure all those things out and I highly doubt many people would go through all that to simply know how some commands work and not even know everything since some things are accustomed to the server settings themselves (in the config).

Furthermore, I’d like to see the jail thingies more explained, I tried to figure them out and I’m halfway through it, but still not entirely sure what to do with all those commands. I tested the fact that when an outlaw dies in atown, which cast it as an outlaw, that he would be sent to the jail in that town. I made sure to assign a jail-plot to my town, but nothing happened, nor could I personally kill that person, I even turned on pvp town-wide, but nothing worked. Since I was testing this out with my alt, I built a high tower for him to jump off of and fall to his death to see if that also fell under the category of “dying in the town where you’re considered an outlaw,” but it didn’t.
    In addition to that it leads me to believe that Arena plots won’t work either since pvp doesn’t work? Haven’t tested that out but since I couldn’t enable pvp anywhere I just assume that Arena plots won’t allow pvp either, which is kind of the soul purpose of them.
    **Adding to what Kari said
    PvP should be allowed in the Arena plots, which I explained in my guide if you’re wondering what they do. It’s literally their purpose, so you could have like a personal pvp arena really, that’s a nice thing right? But in order for that to work, you’d need the different plots to do their job, unlike the arena one that is, since pvp is just disabled overall (I assume).

However, Jail plots aren’t the only thing that need a better explanation. For a while I’ve known that you can assign ranks in your nation and town to the residents of it (as King and/or Mayor), I just don’t know the perms of any of the ranks except for assistant since they just have the same permissions. The ranks I know nothing about are: Helper, VIP and Sheriff, what do they do? What do they allow? I’d love to see that explained somewhere because I think literally no one knows.

To add on to the concept of assignable ranks, I’d like to see some more diverse ones (even though I don’t know what the current ones do). For example, have a Town- or Nation Banker, a Town Farmer, etc. I assume you get the point. I think it’d be cool if you reach a certain level of your chosen job, that you get assigned that Town-rank, let’s say that I’m a miner and reach level x, then I get the Town Miner rank. This doesn’t need to show in chat obviously, just in the town’s info ‘/town’ like it does with the Mayor and assistant ranks.
    I think this is somewhat similar to the suggestion above about build points, I don’t really know how they work but from what I’ve read I’d also love to see that integrated. Being able to earn e.g. a Builder or Architect rank is something I would love to see.
    Now that I’m on the topic of the suggestions above, I can’t stress it enough, /fly has to be a thing. There’s no option of not adding it. Heck, you could give me the exact same version as now, just add /fly, call it a new version and I’ll be satisfied. However, if you take everything said above into account as well, then I’ll most likely be more than satisfied. I just think that fly is a necessity, I don’t need it outside of my town though, no need for it to be there. I hope you make it a town-only thing honestly, because I wouldn’t like people to be able to fly outside of a town. If you’re not willing to assign fly to everyone and just to donor ranks, hear me out. So, assuming only donor ranks can get /fly, I’d suggest that if those build point thingies get added and you can earn a builder/architect rank, you give them that too. I don’t see why anyone besides a builder would need fly. I mean yeah it sure is helpful, but if you decide to limit who you give fly in the first place, at least give it to the builders, they need it most. I can’t tell you how many times I’ve fallen off of my builds, near death experiences I tell you. I’ve had to build up all the way from the bottom with dirt to then drop to the bottom again to then build another dirt tower next to the first dirt tower to then do the same thing a couple more times.

Finally, I’m not positive that this exists already, although I thought it did. Town chat.
    I have a vague memory of using the town chat like once and then I just couldn’t find how to do it ever again, I thought it was like ‘/town chat’ but then it just told me that town wasn’t registered, the usual really. Anyhow I’d like there to be a command like /tc (townchat) like there is on skyblock, now it’s just not called ‘teamchat’ but ‘townchat.’ It’d come in handy just like it does in skyblock, so you don’t need to “spam” other peoples’ chats with your town’s business, like the builds, shops etc.

I just let the things come to me as writing so my apologies if it’s a bit repetitive, some of the things I listed might as well be bugs but they might also just be turned to ‘false’ in the configs so I’m just asking for an explanation really.
    I hope we don’t have to wait too long for the reset, because I just can’t wait. Towny was my main gamemode for like 3 years straight, I absolutely loved it and the community in it, very excited to relive that.

Last edited:
    I joined a few days ago and i was a little shocked that there were not starter kits. So i think it would be a good way to help new people start out. I also really like the idea about having a shop! Loving this server though!!

ItzBoo

I joined a few days ago and i was a little shocked that there were not starter kits. So i think it would be a good way to help new people start out. I also really like the idea about having a shop! Loving this server though!!
    I agree, some sort of kit that could supply a small amount of food and a set of armour would seriously help as although I don’t play much towny, I never have food and go hungry.

Also I’m glad you enjoy the server and hope to see you around in game!

Brinta

Formerly known as Pro_pvpboyz
    Keep the shop plugin
    and make a ressource world .
    only reset the ressource world once in like 2-3 months

Keep the shop plugin
    ooh i like that so there isn't a finite amount of spawners so people can get more if they join latter in the season.

Brinta

Formerly known as Pro_pvpboyz
    ooh i like that so there isn't a finite amount of spawners so people can get more if they join latter in the season.
    True , but it will keep the main world nice !
    for building towns and stuff

Is there any rough date on when the reset will happen?

Tjoto

I really like this idea. Two separate worlds, one for resources, spawner grinding, etc.. and one for just building the town. But, there might be a lot of people who want to have sheeps, cows, pigs etc. in their town so in the world for building mob spawns should just be enabled. And about the reset date from the resource world, 2-3 months sounds nice, but if there is a date of Towny itself resetting, they could base the reset date on that. Example: Towny is resetting after 6 months, so every 2 months the recourse world will reset.

MamaBeau

Retired
    Right now we are planning on having Towny out in the next 2 weeks.
    Every suggestion has been noted, we deeply thank you all for your participation!

MamaBeau

Retired
    My personal advice would to have a better sort of economy system on Towny. This would involve creating a ./warp shop rather than one you can access through command where you can sell things like blaze rods etc. and have a point to spawners, obviously the sell price would be low but would make a point in spawners. Also making a ./t top with all the top towny balances and blocks within the claimed land would contribute to. I completely see how this can be perceived as some sort of Factions replica but I really do believe it would help the server grow as it gives something to compete for, when you look at the popular gamemodes on Momento, Prison and Skyblock, both have something you work towards which is either ./is top or ./baltop. It creates competition which gives the gamemode life and keeps players online. It would also remain independent from factions because obviously there is no raiding and insiding/griefing is punishable. You could also increase the amount of money jobs gives so there is still a point in doing the job feature. Carrying on, a much better market place in my eyes and many other players' eyes is needed. This would mean potentially creating a bigger area where you can rent stalls for longer periods of times for cheaper with a bigger area. Finally, allowing killing monsters from spawners to count towards the achievement would also be better.
    What would the /town top be based on? Money? Amount of members?

Liezexo

Retired
    What would the /town top be based on? Money? Amount of members?
    Maybe we could make it a rating system? Like in skyblock the individual islands can get rated with /rate, there could be a similar town top or rate top? I don't know, just popped up in my head.

DensityChild

I was thinking more on the lines of money especially if a physical shop is added.

stuktv

Formerly known as gjaltenma
    things that have to be added in towny:
    -sell shop
    -fly in towns with a rank
    -fix enchant with a rank

DensityChild

Na a ./fix would take away from Towny as it would take away the survival aspect although the other two are good.

after reading through what some other folks have said and after deciding on a big build for the reset of towny, I would also like to add that /fly would be a wonderful help. Also ive mentioned this in my other comment but ive found that its lead to more issues recently. I dont understand what in town ranks do because theres no way to tell, I dont know what kinds of plots exist because there are only a few listed as well. custom plot names (if they dont already exist) would be great!!
    love this server dearly tho <3 @ the staff thanks for all that you do!!

You heard right!
    Towny is finally resetting!
    Join us for the first reset ever for towny!

As a network we care about your experience on our servers, so we want to ask YOU, what does towny need? What would you like to see on towny?

Please leave us a comment bellow, and we will consider each suggestion!
    maybe some new ranks would be awesome. but for the rest it is great!

Status
    Not open for further replies.