• IP Copied!
    Click to Copy IP
  • Join our Discord
  • Towny Reset (yes you read that right..)

fergydanny

Owner
    Staff member
    Owner

That's right towny reset is finally among us. This reset has been in the works for a good little while and will also be quite experimental considering we decided to yolo it and try to pull off a 1.14 towny. 1.14 is semi stable so nobody knows how the release will go but fingers crossed its everything you wanted and more!

Main changes:
    • Updated to 1.14.4 (from 1.13.2).
    • Added mob stacking like on all of our other servers, to maintain a level of performance.
    • To go with the last point, mobs in general should be fixed now (spawn rate wise).
    • Switched out jobs for a sell shop (/shop). The jobs plugin was not balanced and quite buggy overall, a shop is more commonly known and easier for users. Fear not, the economy is still player ran, the shop simply serves as a way to get money, to buy things you will have to trade with the community!
    • Added an auction house (/ah).
    • Changed custom enchants systems, a whole new /ce system awaits you.
    • Added some optimizations to try and keep 1.14 playable (such as cactus height limits, limiting of mobAI, mainly the mobs you dont interact with).
    • Updated the towny plugin, this will hopefully fix all the issues we were having before and more. With this comes the re-activation of prices. This means you will have to pay to keep your town afloat thru the daily upkeep charges.
    • Better /redeem system for mcmmo.
    • New spawn (sneak peek in the header).
    • You will now be able to turn on and off pvp, with a cooldown of 1h (using /pvp on/off). This will allow the people who want to, to venture the worlds dangerously and fight people.
    • Bigger worlds and if all goes good, constant resource, nether and end world resets (we are aiming for monthly).

When?
    • The current server will be brought offline September 5th during the day.
    • Omega pre-access begins September 6th at 12:00PM EST.
    • Public access begins September 6th at 1PM EST.

I hope to see you guys on and please pray for us (because we'll need it with 1.14)!

Last edited:
    hopefully randoms will act up less for a little bit with this piece of information

Finally. That is all I can say - FINALLY. I also dislike the /shop idea for buying and selling supplies. It makes the concept of money completely pointless. It isn't really towny, it's more of skyblock in an open world.

Hi, I just joined last week and bought /fly so I was wondering if that will carry over after a map reset? Excited for it to reset though!

DensityChild

wow straight facts, solid work guys! now I can make my own bee army

fergydanny

Owner
    Staff member
    Owner
    Finally. That is all I can say - FINALLY. I also dislike the /shop idea for buying and selling supplies. It makes the concept of money completely pointless. It isn't really towny, it's more of skyblock in an open world.
    Except its to sell to, not buy you misread..

Aight cool finally, though I feel resource world resets should be slightly rarer to keep the value of end items as valuable. Also, kinda dislike the idea of a god shop as this makes it like Skyblock, ie laggy farms for money and I would rather not like pistons taken out of towny. Also would be helpful for there to be a non resetting nether world for nether farms that might be claimable. Again, unsure about certain past things like 16 items per second hoppers, hope they're normal hoppers and add like hopper limits to prevent the hoppers from being slower than normal. Towny wars might be interesting to look at if pvp will become a new thing. The current job plugin is broken, but a custom written one could be better if possible ;). Also hope comayor is a thing as well as other suggestions by people. Maybe keep the pvp 1.14.4 and not 1.8.9 so offhand is usable. But still good to know towny is resetting.

I agree.

KariKittyx

Admin
    Staff member
    Admin
    Already been explained that the shop will be for selling only, and the prices have been significantly lowered. Buying and trading will still be between players and towns, and will more than likely be the most profitable way of doing things.

But still, whether you like it or not giant farms will become much more profitable and cause useless lag to the server. Also on a side note will we finally be able to toggle firespread and explosions on the townys plot perms because it would be very useful.

First of all don’t double post, how about we will see it and try it for a few weeks and if you don’t like then you complain