What's next?

Discussion in 'News & Announcements' started by fergydanny, Nov 18, 2017.

1. fergydanny

fergydanny Owner
    Staff Member Owner

Hey guys, this is a message that I feel the community needs to hear right now. I know there has been little events and content updates recently but I will explain why.

We are using a partially broken and outdated system to run the entire network, a system which we built from the ground up during the year of 2016 when we had active and dedicated developers. Ever since we've parted ways with them, this system has been tedious and costly to maintain. It is expensive and hard to find a developer capable of doing such, many would rather rebuild the system (and that's what we plan on doing).

That being said, we are working on breaking down this system into a more effective and maintainable one so that releasing future updates is easier for us. I don't expect everyone to understand the terms used here but I just wanted to give you guys some insight on whats happening behind the scenes and why development has been slower than usual.

While we re-organise the system, we will be able to implement suggestions that we may have not been able to before, if you have any (post them in the comments or link threads). This is going to take a bit of time but just know that we are working hard to give you guys a better experience and the biggest changes are to be announced for and released towards the end of December (holiday period).

• Winner Winner x 7
    • Like Like x 5
    • <3 <3 x 3
    • Informative Informative x 2
  2. YoItsCrazy

YoItsCrazy Formerly known as CrazyCreeper0301

I expect nothing but great things from you and your team, Danny. Thanks for everything. Best of luck <3

• Winner Winner x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  3. CrazyBoomCreeper

CrazyBoomCreeper Active Member

You’ll make me and all the ogs proud danny, I wish you the best of luck and I hope I can stay to see it happen.

• Winner Winner x 2
    • Dumb Dumb x 1
  4. spookyblackk

spookyblackk Formerly known as SlumpGod_

In my opinion, there isn't much that needs work on until a reset of certain gamemodes.

The only thing I suggest, is if possible, contacting an English youtuber and get some more English players.

• Agree Agree x 6
    • Like Like x 1
  5. PastelKittenMC

PastelKittenMC Active Member

what ogs lol

Kidding, if I still haven’t quit by then, I’d love to see what’ll happen, and maybe some of the OGs will come back like the good ol’ days :)

6. _Jackson_

_Jackson_ Formerly known as Contains_Twix

In my opinion i think it would be nice to add a different feel for momento. Right now its kinda new and Crazed. I like the old fashion type of momento where there was alot. Prison Red and Blue for example, they had exotic communities and different types of people. I also liked that Global ranks did things for each game. Even small things like 1 pv or something. But thats really it. I like the people on and the server is great! Ty :D.

7. PastelKittenMC

Global Ranks weren’t meant to give advantages :shruggo:

8. xConway_

xConway_ Formerly known as Conwayyy

there are no ogs left...

• Disagree Disagree x 2
  9. PastelKittenMC

so i am a randy ok

• Winner Winner x 1
  10. xConway_

of course. why wouldn't you be a randy?

• Dumb Dumb x 1
  11. HaqingHard

HaqingHard Formerly known as Ammo_God_YT

There are.

12. xConway_

do you understand a fucking joke? if you are active on forums, you know I'm hardly ever serious unless a point needs to be made. thanks for the support!

• Disagree Disagree x 1
  13. HaqingHard

HaqingHard Formerly known as Ammo_God_YT

Don't see the joke but k.

14. ohsnapdavid_

ohsnapdavid_ Well-Known Member

stfu he funny as hell

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  15. xThqmas

xThqmas Formerly known as Thomasmcx

Amazing, good work Danny. If this works I'll come back probably ;3

• Like Like x 1
  16. Withdraws

Withdraws Active Member

This is where you make me manager and I will turn your network from momento to withdraws wonderland

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  17. Emilyx_

Emilyx_ Formerly known as _Emilyyy
    Staff Member Mod

Add a Creative freeworld.

18. Devilutionist_

Devilutionist_ Formerly known as DerpyEagle_

Maybe some of my pending suggestions can be added? Just asking lol

• Dumb Dumb x 2
  19. xConway_

make me mod daddy

• Dumb Dumb x 1
  20. spookyblackk

spookyblackk Formerly known as SlumpGod_

Can we get a fix on names/tags too? It's horrendous seeing players with a massive custom tags, /rankup-rank and donor ranks resulting in excessive names/sentences/3 lines of wording.

The previous version of prison, players must had typed in some sort of sentence for their name to fit in one line if it hadn't then they had to change their name/tag(s. correct me if i'm wrong). Players should only have their prestige, /rankup-rank and a custom tag or their donor rank so it all fits in one line. It makes it look well organised and more tidy, rather than a messy and unreadable chat.

"but omg!! i donated for heaps of tags!!!" give them something in return that is/roughly the same price as their tag(s).

Bringing back /sellall on prison would be a massive upgrade to the prison side of the server. It has unmotivated me to play prison because I'm going back and forth to the sell sign. I don't want to speak on other player's behalves but it could be why a lot of players don't play as much as they used to. Removing it has also made plotmines are massive waste of $$ and space because you have to go to a plot or another sell sign at a warp. In addition, bring back explosive enchant because it gives players something to upgrade on their pickaxe and all that good good.

ps, give me some forum power.

• Winner Winner x 1
  • About Us

We are Momento Network. From Creative to Factions, Prison and Skyblock, Momento represents some of the more popular ways to play Minecraft with friends! Since 2014, with only Prison, Momento has continued to grow and expand in new ways. Come give us a try and see what all the hype is about!
  • Support the server!

Help support the server! Enjoying your time on Momento? Want to help contribute to hosting costs? All contributions go towards bettering the server and maintaining a stable host. Click below to get more information about contribute today!

Contribute!